Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs say they're playing but there's no sound?

Solved!

Songs say they're playing but there's no sound?

I just updated my spotify mobile, and nothing will play! I've tried playlists and searching for songs, I've also tried logging out and re-installing spotify. I definitely have premium and my phone plays non-spotify sounds. I only have spotify for mobile, so this is incredibly frustrating! Any advice?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Quick check - have you tried restarting your phone?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Quick check - have you tried restarting your phone?
----------------

I feel silly now, that worked! Thanks!

No probs - its not something that should be necessary really, but it worked for me 🙂
----------------

Right on!  Thanks guys!

I have the same proble and I've tried turning my phone on and off, downloading the app again. Nothing works!! 😕

Thanks, licenced - the restart worked on my HTC Incredible 2!

Licenced, you are a star! Thank you for the advice, was pulling my hair out because i had no sound...didnt realise I had to restart after updating xxx

Thanks to all!  Don't feel silly, KittyAldora; it was driving me mad as well as it seemed to do it sporadically!!  Spotify should really sort out the issue!!

I've updated my spotify restarted my phone and reinstalled the app still having troubles with the audio not playing i have to constantly back track the song sometimes twice please help

Guys,

Is that means that I need to restart my phone everytime I watn to listen to Spotify? A bit ridiculous..

I am waiting for more straight forward solution - this is not how I want to spent my money..

I am having this problem now. No restart happens and every 2-3 songs it does that.

Wild guess. I have the paid version, but it tries to play an add. Add doesnt go, because paid license, but it also doesnt return the normal sound.

Suggested posts