Announcements

Songs stop about 10 seconds in

Solved!

Songs stop about 10 seconds in

Casual Listener

My spotify was doing great until yesterday afternoon. I was driving and my spotify just stopped, so i pulled up my phone and there was a message. Something about a disc or something but i couldn't read it because i was in a hurry, so I exited out and ever since then every song i listen to starts but 10 seconds in it just stops. Ive tried everything I can think of and it still has this problem.

I have used spotify for years, and I have premium, so I'm really frustrated because music means a lot to me and i cant listen to any music. Please help!

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

LG

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My spotify was doing great until yesterday afternoon. I was driving and my spotify just stopped, so i pulled up my phone and there was a message. Something about a disc or something but i couldn't read it because i was in a hurry, so I exited out and ever since then every song i listen to starts but 10 seconds in it just stops. Ive tried everything I can think of and it still has this problem.

I have used spotify for years, and I have premium, so I'm really frustrated because music means a lot to me and i cant listen to any music. Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Songs stop about 10 seconds in

Hi there @AllieSwapp,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community 🙂

As a first step, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this happens while streaming, while offline and listening to your downloaded songs, or both? If it happens while online, we'd like to know if the same happens over a different connection, like mobile data or another WiFi network.

Lastly, make sure that there aren't any battery optimization or data restriction settings enabled on your phone for Spotify.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Solution!

Hi there @AllieSwapp,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community 🙂

As a first step, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this happens while streaming, while offline and listening to your downloaded songs, or both? If it happens while online, we'd like to know if the same happens over a different connection, like mobile data or another WiFi network.

Lastly, make sure that there aren't any battery optimization or data restriction settings enabled on your phone for Spotify.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

View solution in original post

Casual Listener

That helped and fixed the problem! Thanks!

Hey @AllieSwapp

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Great news! Give us a shout if you experience this again, we'll be here to help.

Еnjoy your music! 

IvanModerator
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
SUGGESTED POSTS