Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs stop about 10 seconds in

Solved!

Songs stop about 10 seconds in

My spotify was doing great until yesterday afternoon. I was driving and my spotify just stopped, so i pulled up my phone and there was a message. Something about a disc or something but i couldn't read it because i was in a hurry, so I exited out and ever since then every song i listen to starts but 10 seconds in it just stops. Ive tried everything I can think of and it still has this problem.

I have used spotify for years, and I have premium, so I'm really frustrated because music means a lot to me and i cant listen to any music. Please help!

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

LG

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My spotify was doing great until yesterday afternoon. I was driving and my spotify just stopped, so i pulled up my phone and there was a message. Something about a disc or something but i couldn't read it because i was in a hurry, so I exited out and ever since then every song i listen to starts but 10 seconds in it just stops. Ive tried everything I can think of and it still has this problem.

I have used spotify for years, and I have premium, so I'm really frustrated because music means a lot to me and i cant listen to any music. Please help!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @AllieSwapp,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community 🙂

As a first step, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this happens while streaming, while offline and listening to your downloaded songs, or both? If it happens while online, we'd like to know if the same happens over a different connection, like mobile data or another WiFi network.

Lastly, make sure that there aren't any battery optimization or data restriction settings enabled on your phone for Spotify.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @AllieSwapp,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community 🙂

As a first step, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this happens while streaming, while offline and listening to your downloaded songs, or both? If it happens while online, we'd like to know if the same happens over a different connection, like mobile data or another WiFi network.

Lastly, make sure that there aren't any battery optimization or data restriction settings enabled on your phone for Spotify.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

That helped and fixed the problem! Thanks!

Hey @AllieSwapp

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Great news! Give us a shout if you experience this again, we'll be here to help.

Еnjoy your music! 

well, that didn't work for me. For me, Spotify only runs over the 10 second limit when I switch on my Fritz! Box VPN with a cellular connection.

Follows each and every reinstall Guide, linked above.

Amy new ideas? No Problems in the previous 6 month till last Week.

Hey @CoDe-BuSTeR

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Could you let us know your device's make, model, exact OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running? 

Also, do you notice the same behavior when you log into your account using a different device? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've had this issue for the last week and none of the solutions are working for me. Please help!

Hi @conce005,

Thank you for posting on this thread. 

Could you confirm what devices you're having this issue on? 

Also, if you're a Premium subscriber, does the same happen when you play music you've downloaded with the Offline Mode active? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello,

This is happening even with my downloaded songs. I do have a Premium Subscription.

Thank you!

Hi @conce005,

Thank you for your reply. 

In this case, we suggest you start by running a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how this goes and if the issue persists, don't forget to mention what are the devices affected by this issue. This will help us keep assisting you.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

I performed the clean install or wtv and it’s still happening while streaming online and offline. One song plays fine then it happens with the next song and the song after that

Hey @theyhad_tony,

Thanks for joining the thread and for trying a clean reinstall!
We're sorry to see this couldn't help.

Could you let us know if you get any error messages?
What happens when the music stops? A screenshot / video of what is happening would definitely be of use.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

Many thanks!

VasilModerator

also having the same issue, brand new laptop, fresh download, i lost my phone yesterday but have my log in detaisl ect

Hey @nickcapa,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please check out the previous troubleshooting steps that were suggested and let us know if they help? If not, please check your hosts file using these steps.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts