Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs stop playing, app going offline

Solved!

Songs stop playing, app going offline

I used the preview version on my desire hd and it worked great. I then upgraded to the final release and started getting problems. The app seems to go onlineand offline at will and songs stop playing at random. Even the downloaded songs and even if the app is set to offline mode. I didn't bother to fix it sinceI bought the galaxy s3, but the problems appear on the new phone as well. I did the following:
Installed the new app from google play store.
Logged in with spotify username and password. I tried facebook as well.
I downloaded a playlist in high quality.
I played it. The song stops after a short while at random.

Any solution?
66 Replies

Just bumping this thread. I don't know why a random post is set as solution when it really is not. I've chosen "not the solution" multiple times. This issue is still not solved.

this problem began abruptly on July 4.  It occurs on wifi and on verizon data services.  I tried disabling my juicedefender, but it made no difference.    I sometimes go for a few days without incident, but lately occurs every time I launch the service.    Please resolve.

listening on

Android 2.3.3 

Spotify 0.5.1.15

Pantech Breakout

Happens on WiFi and 3G/H on my wildfire.

Ever since I've updated to the latest version of Spotify on my Android the program will only play one song and freeze on me.  I've tried using playlists I had previously created, new playlists and even listening to albums through Spotify, either way I can only listen to the first song select.  Is there any way to reset my application to the old android one?

I'm having the same problem.

Hi everyone - Just wanted to say we're looking into this for all of you. 

Of course sharing your mobile device, Spotify version etc, troubleshooting steps you've taken always helpful.

I'll be sure to post here as soon as we have an updates.

Thanks for the update Meredith.

I've been having this issue with both an HTC Desire on Android 2.2 and a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.0.

Spotify version is the latest available for each device from the market.

One song plays then the player advances to the next song and looks to be playing but doesn't. You have to manually advance to the next song and then back for the song to play and it seems like there is a lag in the time that it takes for the song to play and when it starts to count down. 

This really needs to get fixed!! I am really close to calling it quits with the premium service. Most of my mobile play is in the car. Having to constantly forward to the next track mannually is getting old let alone dangerous! 

Spotify version 0.5.1.15.g81977995

Droid X - Android Version 2.3.4

I should add that I have uninstalled multiple times and that has not fixed the issue. I also randomly get the white sceen at startup quite often. Equally frustrating! Especially when paired with this issue. Makes this app almost useless! I wish I could have the old crappy app back - although it constantly crashed it was way better than this when it worked!  

I am experiencing the exact same issue on my HTC One X and Galaxy Nexus on ATT. Never had this problem until I upgraded to the official new release. It's so annoying I don't even use it anymore. Sucks to be paying for something that doesn't work. I can't believe they haven't fixed this by now. 

Same problem on my Galaxy Nexus.  I use juicedefender, but I will rather switch to the alternative for Spotify than uninstall my JD.

Also having issues on my Droid Razr. Since the update I have not been successful in playing more than 3 songs in a row before it goes "Offline" - the majority of the time I can barely make it through 1 song, if even that. It's completely unusable and, frankly, a complete waste of money. I don't have this problem on the PC version, only mobile, but access to the mobile version is the only reason I even pay for Premium.

My Premium subscription is up for renewal on August 1st and if the problem is not fixed by then (and considering that's 2 days away, I'm not getting my hopes up), I will NOT be renewing my subscription.

Well they have said that they are looking into it and since so many of us are having problems, I expect it to be a high priority bug. In the meantime, just do what I did and download the preview version, at least that works. The only downside is that you don't have the folder structure for your playlists, but the downloaded playlists appear at the top of the list.

The preview version can be downloaded from here.

(Of course, you must uninstall the current version first and then redownload your playlists in the preview version.)

I have the same issue with the preview version (0.5.1.1.15) on my Sony Xperia S Android 4.04. I probably will downgrade my premium membership to unlimited an just put mp3s on the phone again...

Just letting you know we're still looking into this one.
Community Ergo Sum

Seems that the problem is somehow connected to wifi network you are currently connected to. I've got absolutely no problems on my home network, but it constantly occurs on wifi network at work.

I saw that you released a new version in the play store today. Has this issue been looked into for the new version or is it due for a future update?

Since the update I'm not having this issue anymore.

Did you fix it ?

Promising, I will try the new version tonight when I get home and give a statement here wether it works or not. The following will be tried:

Play a playlist online with 3G

Play a playlist online with wifi

Download a playlist and play it while online with 3G

Download a playlist and play it while online with wifi

Download a playlist and play it while offline

I will report back tonight.

The problem is NOT solved for me after the update 😞

Suggested posts