Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs won´t stay offline

Songs won´t stay offline

Hi,

i have a problem similar to lots of others, but it does not seem to be exact the same problem. I mark some playlists as offline, the android app downloads, all fine. As long as I do not hear offline for a while, there is no re-download. As soon as I play songs offline, some disappear randomly, even from f.e. audiobooks I havent heared so far. Seems to happen randomly, here track 6, there track 9. The more I hear, the more he downloads later - after an 5h-session I had an re-download of around 150 songs, hours later 19 again, and so on. At all there are 400-450 tracks available offline. I have gigabytes of space available on my SD-card.

GT-I9300

Cyanogen 11

Android 4.4.4

Spotify 4.4.0.1008 , premium acc

downloads always in extreme quality

Deleted all userdata, reinstalled, restarted several times, deleted all the data, re-downloaded - nothing helped. Synchronisation works fine with the PC, no other problems, I download only on android, directly by wlan.

3 Replies

Hey there!

No worries, we'll help sort this out.

We'd recommend heading here and removing all your offline devices. After this, uninstall the app from your phone and remove the SD card. Turn your device off for 30 seconds, and reinstall the app, without the SD card on the phone.

Then, insert the SD card and make sure the app storage is switched to it by following these steps.

Let us know how it goes. 

Hiho,

thanks for your reply. I did all the steps, downloaded all songs again, however, the problem persists. Came home today and again, Spotify started an 14 track download..

Hmm. This is something our team needs to look into. Get in touch with them via this contact form, on Twitter with the @SpotifyCares handle, or on our Facebook page.

We'll be happy to help you sort this out.

Suggested posts