Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sony Xperia Save Spotify cache to SD card

Sony Xperia Save Spotify cache to SD card

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Sony Xperia phone,

But when i go to spotify storage settings and select save to SD card,  it says "we couldn't move your data, there might be something wrong with your SD card, check permissions and try again".

I have checked permissions and it says it should be able to edit SD card data etc, and the SD card is brand new so i really don't know what the problem could be.

I have tried making hte phone internal memory phone and redownloading the app but this did not work,

Please help, currently hating this phone!!!!

xxx

4 Replies

So have you converted your sd card to internal memory? Have a read of the guides pinned to the top of the forum that were created by me as they both detail things about saving your cache to the sd card.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

No I haven't converted it to internal memory? Am i supposed to do this, your guide i just read says "you have upgraded your device to Android 6.X Marshmallow or greater then make sure your SD Card is not formatted as 'Internal' memory." ?

Sorry for being stupid!!

I was trying to understand what you meant by:

"I have tried making hte phone internal memory phone and redownloading the app but this did not work"

Have you performed a clean install following the troubleshooting guide? Make sure to check for folders and do a reboot!!!!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Xperia's version of Marshmallow doesn't allow converting to internal memory.

I suggest you reformat it in the phone first. I found out that when I formatted my SD card on my Mac the phone had problems with it afterwards (even showing me that the card is 1 MB!) I had no problems putting music on the SD card. Marshmallow 6.0, Xperia Z5 Compact.

Suggested posts