Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort by date added, by album title -- not by songs in alpha order!

Sort by date added, by album title -- not by songs in alpha order!

I understand that Spotify recently added the ability to sort playlist tracks from A-Z. However, it baffles me what that really accomplishes! Who wants to really hear songs in alphabetical order? That is most likely the last option a user would pick. Can you imagine listening to your tracks this way? Check it out:

A bee...

A car for...

As the world...

As the mind...

And so on. What users really need is the same functionality that the desktop version of Spotify provides, that is, sort by album name, by date added, etc.

Please add more useful sorting options to Spotify.

Thanks.

7 Replies

Hi,

There is an idea for sorting playlists here. Feel free to add your Kudos and comment to show your support!

If you have another specific way to improve it, you can add it to the ideas section as well.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I agree! I love my desktop abilities. I recently signed up for Premium Spotify ONLY so I could sort my songs on my playlist to find them easier (I like the songs in Alpha order only to find them; rarely play them in that order). I will not continue to pay for this service if I can't sort the darn songs. I don't mind the ads; I want to be able to SORT & FIND my songs quickly! ug!

Hi @dirtyhippiegirl . On android, just swipe down in any playlist to reveal the filter and sort options. You can sort the tracks on title, recently added, artist or album. 

OH MY GOODNESS! I swear I looked around on the playlists for over an hour trying to figure out how to sort. I looked at several message boards and on here and I couldn't find the answer. THANK YOU! I will KEEP Spotify now! 🙂

Hehe.......I think the devs have an obsession with hiding really useful features from us 🙂

Well, a minor detail might have been overlooked in this thread. When i posted my original note, it was May 2013. At that time, the sorting functionality in the Spotify phone app was very rudimentary. Since then, things have changed quite a lot. This thread is really useless in the present days. 🙂

Apart from on iOS, it still lacks sorting! 😞

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts