Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Soundproblems: sudden cracking sound and volume that raises by itself.

Soundproblems: sudden cracking sound and volume that raises by itself.

Hi!

I bought my Samsung galaxy Ace a year ago and immediately installed the spotifyapp (premium). Recently I've had problems with the sound. The song stops and is replaced by a cracking noise. It sounds like when you're playing a cd with scars/scratches. This can happen anytime in a song, haven't found a pattern for when it happens. I have tried uninstalling the app and downloading in again but it didn't help.

My other problem is the volume. Sometimes  it raises by itself  (which is very uncomfortable when the sound gets too strong) without me even touching the phone. I can turn the mediavolume down to zero and the sound is still too strong. The only way to stop this is to actually change track or stop the song. Another common thing with the volume is that it's too strong for like one second (like a strong blip) and then normal again.

I have really no idea what's going on. The store where I bought my phone told me to contact spotify. I would be really grateful if anyone could help me or give me some advice.

Kind regards

Wildheart

1 Reply

Hi there.

Try fiddling with the quality, equalizer and crossfade settings in the options menu to see if any of this solve it. If not then follow the troubleshooting options here
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Troubleshooting-Spotify-on-Android/td-p/113082

Dave
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts