Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 1.1.0.113 crashes nonstop in HTC One M8

Solved!

Spotify 1.1.0.113 crashes nonstop in HTC One M8

Hello,

Yesterday I updated Spotify to 1.1.0.113 and it's crashing all the time, making it unusable on a HTC One M8.

Is there any way to fix this? I have a premium account and can't use it on my phone at the moment.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there, I'm using the latest Spotify on my M8 with no issues.

Do you have an SD Card installed? Can you try wiping data and logging in again?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there, I'm using the latest Spotify on my M8 with no issues.

Do you have an SD Card installed? Can you try wiping data and logging in again?

Android Troubleshooting:

How does it crash? does your playlists load every 5 sec? if you play a song and goes out of the playlist does the music stop? can you go to your music and back to playlists withput beeing logged out? if you got these problems your screwd my friend... have tried for 2 weeks, emailing them non stop nagging about this, they released the new update and said that it fixes everything but no... 

Wiping out the data, uninstalling and reinstalling solved the issue.

Not sure what happened here, but thank you!

I have the same issues with my HTC One M8 and Spotify.  My playlists just start jumping tracks and will not stop.  Clearing data and reinstalling helps temporarily but then right back to it.  Is this a known bug?  I have a pay account and the only time I need this, it happens. 

Hi,

I have a M8

and the latest version of spotify.

I tried to get my music to save to the sd card by wiping it. Since doing this my downloaded playlists are constantly wiping and the program shuts down continually. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

Hi,

No problems on my M8. Can you try a clean installation? NOTE: You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this!

Uninstall the app from Settings - Apps then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it, then press 'Uninstall' (or any other way you usually uninstall apps).

Once done using a file manager (such as ES File Explorer) make sure that the below folders are deleted (the second one may be still remaining from the older version of Spotify):

/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Note: - Make sure to check both Emulated/0/ AND the /ext_sd/ locations for these folders as they could be on Internal memory or/and external SD card.

When all folders are removed go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Direct Link).

Official guides for a clean reinstallation here
If using an external sd card to store your cache (Offline Playlists) on Android 4.4.2+ then please read instructions in the thread here: [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

Android Troubleshooting:

Have the exact same problem!!

Suggested posts