Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify App Crashing After Ads.

Spotify App Crashing After Ads.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy A53

My Question or IsIssue

When I listen to a spotify original podcast with video, two ads play, and when the second one finishes the app crashes. When I start the app again, it starts to load the main page but then crashes again. I get a notification to clear the cashe, and I do, but it crashes again when I try and open the app again. I then get a message that there was a bug and I need to report it.

The only solution I found is to uninstall the app and reinstall, but the crashes and being unable to start the app keeps reaccuring after the two ads play. I can eventually get it to play the podcast episode, but it still happens a week later when I listen to the next episode.

5 Replies

Hey @CalebMardi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

Could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can reproduce this? 

If the issue persists, it might be a good idea to use a different network to see if the app behaves the same way. In case you don't have another network available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to try it.

In the meantime, we recommend that you try disabling any battery optimization software running on your phone. If the app worked properly for a couple of hours, then it's best to add Spotify to the exceptions of the battery optimization app. This way you don't have to disable it entirely. 

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I haven't been able to test this on other accounts but I have found out that this only happens when I add a video podcast to my queue.

Hey @CalebMardi

Thanks for letting us know. 

Just to confirm, does this also happen when adding an only-audio podcast? We'd also like to know if this happens with your downloaded content as well. 

On another note, take your time to test what @Lyubka mentioned and let us know how it goes. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This only happens with podcasts with video, and downloading the video podcast has the same effect.

Hi there @CalebMardi,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, would you mind checking the suggestions at https://dontkillmyapp.com/samsung? You can find some not very obvious settings there that could be causing this behavior on your phone. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send us some screenshots of the error messages you're getting? You can attach them to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts