Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I recently did a clean reinstall of the Spotify app because it was crashing randomly during playback. Now I have the problem that every album I try to view appears to be empty, showing no songs. This does not affect the display of songs in playlist, and it does not affect the display of the top songs on any artist's page.

I have already tried multiple clean reinstall of the app, I've tried restarting my phone, I tried fiddling with the permissions and turning off battery optimizations. 

Screenshot_20200310-160111_Spotify.jpg
29 Replies

Hello.

I'm having the same issue with my tablet.....everything in Spotify works fine except the albums, they all show up but when I select one it doesn't load up, it's like it's empty. Doesn't affect any of my playlists or downloads or anything else, the problem started recently, like last month, after an update.

I'm in Portugal, using a Lenovo Tab 3 on Android 6.01 , running Spotify version 8.7.72.546

I've tried the troubleshooting tips mentioned above and nothing has fixed it, I have also tried it with my OnePlus 6 but experience no issues with that device.

Thanks 

Hey @Bioraz,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Right now we have an Ongoing issue with what you seem to be experiencing with albums section in Spotify app. We'd suggest heading to this thread for more information. 

Please check out the status message there, leave your relevant feedback and subscribe to the thread for updates.

Hopefully we'll have this sorted out soon!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm having the same problems on my galaxy A10

Hey @Gabzibkzero,

Thanks for joining the thread!
Are you experiencing the same issue, linked by @Lyubka?

If not, we'd like to know if this happens with all albums or just a specific one.
A screenshot of the issue would be of help and we'd also require your OS version, as well as your android app version 🙂
Much appreciated!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Samsung Galaxy A10

OS Version: Android 11

App Version:  Version 8.7.74.443

My library appears be empty. My created playlists still showing on the home page are empty too.

All albums and playlists are empty also.

Screenshot_20221015-165350_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221015-165315_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221015-165322_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Gabzibkzero,

Thanks for your replies and for the info you shared.

We can confirm the right team is aware of these behaviors. As mentioned by @Lyubka above, albums appearing empty is being investigated here. On another note, playlists appearing empty is being looking into in this thread

So, we recommend having a look at those and trying the workaround suggested in its status. Rest assured this is being investigated. We’d suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to it in the three dot menu, so you get notified as soon as we have any updates to share. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

Hi,

I've been using Spotify for years now on my iPhone XR. Recently, for some reason, all of my album songs vanished (from the likes album, On Repeat, and all individual albums). I am done a reinstall, a clean reinstall, but nothing seems to be helping. Can you please help me fix this?

Thank you.

Hi @ramanshsharma,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

To begin with, we'd recommend making sure you're logging into the correct account. If you're not sure if you have extra accounts, go to password reset and enter possible email addresses you own. When you enter an email that's registered with Spotify, you get the message that the password reset email was sent. 

If that is not the case and you have no additional accounts, try logging into your account from a different device or the Web Player and check if you find your music there.

Lastly, send over a screenshot of how your Home and Library tabs look. We'll see what we can suggest. 

We'll be on the lookout!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I am facing the same ussue, i tried reinstalling, fully cleaning app as well, but still no songs, i shared same playlist with my friend and songs are visible to them but not me.

Hi there @satyam12295,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

If you have a free account, make sure the country settings match the country you're in right now. You can check that from your Account Overview page. If the country there is not the same as the one you're in, make sure you update the info. You can do it from that same link, or you can check out this link for the exact steps. Once done, log out and back in from your app. 

If that's not the case, we'd recommend reinstalling your app by following these steps. Also, try logging in from a different device or the Web Player, and check if the playlist is empty there as well. 

Let us know how that goes.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts