Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

Operating System

Android 11.0

My Question or Issue

When I download music and try to surf on instagram it completely crashes everything and having to re-download over and over 14th time this has happened

3 Replies

Hey there @ThfWeeknd7,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We understand you've experience crashes of the Spotify app, but we aren't sure what exactly happens to you, so it'd be nice if you share some more details. For example what is your current Spotify version and also you could attach a short video of the situation, as this will be very helpful for us to advise you better.

Keep in mind that downloaded playlists are meant to be played while not having connectivity to the internet and you can read more about how to do that here

If nothing above helps, then it's worthwhile to perform a clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. After this reinstall you'd need to redownload the playlist, as they will be wiped out by the cache-cleaning steps. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

so pretty much i wanna restart my phone and it signs me out of the app losing over 1000 songs that i downloaded and when i wanna hop on social media or anything else it crashes other apps including spotify and wipes my downloads by itself and im the only one getting it makes me sad brand new phone but wants to act up 🥲

Hi @ThfWeeknd7,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you use any apps that manage your cache? It's possible that an external app (or an automated setting for clearing cache) is causing this, so check your phone's App and Storage settings. Check also if the Spotify app is allowed to run in the background.

Another thing to try is disabling Samsung's Bixby to see if that makes a difference.

Keep us posted on this.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts