Spotify Connect JVC KD-X472DBT doesnt work "Connecting" all the Time

Spotify Connect JVC KD-X472DBT doesnt work "Connecting" all the Time

Premium

Germany

Samsung Huawei P10 Lite Android 8.0.0

Spotify 8.7.0.1154

JVC KD-X472DBT

Playing via Bluetooth

The bluetooth connection works and I can hear the music from the app but it just says "Connecting" constantly so I can't use any of the additional Spotify controls from the radio. This is really annoying as it was one of the reasons I picked this radio over some other options. PLS HELP

12 Replies

Hi @akemmer,

Thank you for reaching out on this post. 

To start, we suggest you run a clean reinstall of the app, which is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists after that, can you confirm if the same issue happens if you connect to your stereo using a different method such as a USB or Aux cable?

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I bought this Stereo because of the Spotify BT feature... 

I do this clean re-install a lot of times and nothing works with the new Spotify Update.. Sorry but the Spotify staff seems to have made a mistake in the new Android Update and usability via the car radio. (Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer and others)

A lot of people have this CONNECTING error and there is only one way to fix it.

How to fix 

I hope Spotify will work on it... I use Spotify a very long time as a Premium User and i hope this error will be corrected in the near future. 

Please understand my annoyance about this error.

Hope the Spotify Team will fix it soon.

Thanks for your work MafeG and a good day to you!

Kind Regards,

A. Kemmer

I bought this Stereo because of the Spotify BT feature... 

I do this clean re-install a lot of times and nothing works with the new Spotify Update.. Sorry but the Spotify staff seems to have made a mistake in the new Android Update and usability via the car radio. (Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer and others)

A lot of people have this CONNECTING error and there is only one way to fix it.

How to fix  

I hope Spotify will work on it... I use Spotify a very long time as a Premium User and i hope this error will be corrected in the near future. 

Please understand my annoyance about this error.

Hope the Spotify Team will fix it soon.

Thanks for your work and a good day to you!

Kind Regards,

A. Kemmer

Sry for double post 

If its possible you can delete this one... Thank you

Hi, I have the same issue for about a week now and the last two updates did not fix it.. 

The mentioned solution is to install an older version of Spotify which I would not really call a solution.. Please "Me too" this post and the other one too so maybe they will look into this and fix it in an update.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10 with Android 11
Spotify version: 8.7.2.1205
Car radio: JVC KD-X272BT

Hey junglesman 🙂

Yes you're right its not a solution for the future...

To all Spotify users with the same problem with JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer or other devices wich reading this thread write, like junglesman said, "Me too" in this or other Threads...
They need to fix this with an new Update and i hope there will be a new Update...

Hey folks!

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

@akemmer, could you let us know if this issue started happening after a specific event such as an update? Additionally, we'd like to know if the same happens in case you use a different phone. Lastly, sending us a photo of what you're seeing on your end would come in handy. You can attach it using the Insert Photos option in the post editor.

@junglesman, first up,
 it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni, I tried re-install but it did not work. Anyway, we already know this is a bug in the newer versions, please check this other thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Can-t-connect-Spotify-to-Car-radio-anymore/m-p/5338353/high...

Hi,

So this is what I've seen from various discussion boards and my own experience

Device: JVC KD-X472BT

Problematic Version: 8.7+ (Feb 1/2) From what I've seen

Problem:

Device isn't recognised by the radio when trying to connect through Spotify Connections. It might be due to a missing trigger or something when connecting to the device as it still connects via Bluetooth but not with the Spotify features.

I believe Spotify recognises as a car device as a banner pops up to telling you to add navigation to the app.

Current solutions at this stage:

Install an older version

Miscellaneous:

A clean install doesn't fix it

Radio doesn't connect to Android phones through USB

Doesn't seem to be (phone) device specific.

Seems to be missing a Spotify Connections banner on notification centre saying device is connecting/connected (pic 3).

Hope this makes finding the problem easier.

IMG_20220207_190149.jpg

Screenshot_2022-02-07-18-29-22-16.jpg

IMG_20220207_190107.jpg

  

@ethieona02 couldn't have written it better... I have the same Radio and same issues... Ty for your work

Hi again,

Just to add more info, my JVC has a separate menu for Spotify and there's another for BT Audio and while Spotify is stuck in 'Connecting' I can actually use BT Audio instead where controlling the phone is also possible (like next track, etc..), difference is I have to start the music from the phone first every time as this cannot open Spotify, it is for just a regular audio connection but I bought this car radio with a specific Spotify compatibility which is gone now and it is still a bummer. Maybe other radio types do not have the same setup but if yours is similar with mine, you can just try that if you don't want to install the older version (and you accept some inconvenience).

Buy it too because of the Spotify BT menu... cant scroll trough my library or search for song on my radio... with the "normal" BT mode you can only skip songs... but you have to start Spotify on your phone and you need your phone to switch between playlists and other things... annoying... This Topic has a lot of Infos

Have reinstalled the version from jan. 19 since this here starts... but its not a solution

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We've reported this to our tech folks, who are now looking further into this. We'd recommend Subscribing to this thread, where we will be posting updates as soon as we have new info to share.

We'll now be closing this thread to keep the discussion focused in the aforementioned one instead, so if you're experiencing this and would like to share your feedback, feel free to check it out!

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts