Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect does not work @denon avr-x2100w

Solved!

Spotify Connect does not work @denon avr-x2100w

Hi @all.
Spotify Connect doesn't work correctly. Starting it out of the App, it connects for about a second and crashes (the Amplifier switches back to Network Choice Menu).
Things i have done without a sollution:
- starting every unit including disconnecting the power-cord or battery for about one minute before re-connecting
- deinstalling the app, restarting the phone and re-installed the app
Spotify runs with premium account - connect has been working in the past.

My hardware:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 active @Cyanogen Mod 12
- Denon AVR-x2100w (wired network! No wifi)
- Fritzbox 7390

The denon amp is directly wired to the Fritz!Box @network-port 3 (no guest account!). I didn't change anything but an update of the app. The firmware of all hardware-units is the last one (phone, amp & router).

Anybody out there having a solution?

[EDIT: changed the Topic-Name]

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just to share the info:

from the denon-eu.custhelp.com website

28/8/2015: RESOLVED: Problems with Spotify Connect Playback 

After some changes to the Spotify server, Spotify Connect works flawlessly again with our units. We apologise for any inconvenience this caused to you.

View solution in original post

32 Replies

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. Unfortunately I haven´t found a sulution yet.

A lot of Denon and Martanz owners seem to have this problem since yesterday...including me.

I have tried spotify connect via PC (OS: Win10 / Spotify: latest update)
Seems to be a spotify Problem. Hope, the spotify support is reading our lines and will fix it.
Spotify Connect is THE reason i am a premium user.

I have exactly the same problem.

My hardware:

ARV-X2100W

Moto G Android 5.0.2 with Spotify latest version (3.4.0.764) premium account

I think I have tried everything:

- Reset the Denon to factory settings

- Reinstall Spotfiy on the phone, restart the phone

- Turn DHCP off and set static IP on Denon (as found on some threads)

- Tried logging in with another Spotify account

After start playing a song on the phone, shows Denon as available Spotify connect device, select it, sometimes the receiver starts playing for few minutes (sometimes nothing), music stops and Denon display shows "Connecting..." and it restarts on the selected "Online music" source.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Gus

Have you guys tried spotify via Airplay?
That should work till the bug is fixed.
Have contacted Denon today. I dont know if denon will fix this problrm (new firmware?) or spotify...
We'll see what happens.

Hi All,

same problem here, airPlay works but not Spotify connect. 
Tried everything, as I'm having it in quite unusal network with double NAT (I know it's dirty solution), I checked with various routers including single NAT, tried WIFI and Ethernet, nothing works. Reseting the unit to it's factory defaults doesn't solve the problem. Spotify Connect cannot be run from Win10 PC nor from iPhone6. 

Till it's solved AirPlay seems to be only option....

It's like @dsah wrote.
Here you can find the same problem using marantz amplifiers:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/spotify-connect-not-working-on-marantz/m-p/1193473#M47...

@Thunder1984: thats the way it is... 😞

What Android app do you guys use for playing Spotify via Airplay? I've tried a few apps but don't like them much,

Anyway, I hope to get Spotify connect working again soon! 😞

I use iPhone...

I also reported this bug to Denon, maybe they will come up with something, or at least push 
Spotify to get it fixed ASAP.

Hi
Got same problem since yesterday.. everything worked fine until that day.
I'm connected roughly 2 seconds, just enough to hear it play few sounds and then it crashes.

I got a Denon AVR-x1100w and I was using Wifi connection.
I read a blog that had similar issues and they suggested wired connection instead of wifi.. so now my denon is wired. but.... same happened. it crashed.

I use Iphone and airplay still works for me, which is nice.

I hope Spotify will solve this problem asap. it is getting annoying. Not the first time i'm having issues with spotify and denon..
unfortunately, they aren't the perfect couple.

notified denon... they have NO information on the issue so it is definitely a SPOTIFY problem... Like everyone else, I am able to play 2-3 seconds of a song then it stops.  Receiver goes to connecting.... assigning... then back to internet options... my connection is 100% and spotify was never an issue until recently.. hopefully there will be a firmware update... spotify does NOT work through air play option either.. if u connect through bluetooth on ipad/ipod it will play maybe a full song, but when the next song comes up it will do it again... 

ITS NOT A DENON ISSUE, so they will tell you they have no answer for you.  Spotify needs to really start checking these darn posts and message boards.  every update seems to make it worse, and now the fact that it doesnt support connect on android/os devices it makes apple music look at lot better.. and i despise itunes.. hopefully someone comes up with a solution.. the static/dhcp change may work for a few minutes, but this is a definitely spotify app issue on receiver.. 

same problem here with Denon X2100W and spotify premium

Have reported this bug to spotify, waiting for an anwer. Will report it here if i get an answer.

Same issue here in Netherlands with my Denon X1100W. I stream from Spotify on Windows 10, when selecting the Denon, it plays for 2 seconds.

Looks like Spotify throws a bunch of crap at the Denon which causes it to reset the network part, cause the IP address stops pinging as well. Unusable this way.

Maybe a new feature hidden inside Spotify Connect, which requires a FW upgrade ? But at least for the X1100W not one available at ht emoment.... 😞 GF NOT HAPPY !!!!

Hi,
I have the same problem with my Denon DNP-730AE. Connect doesn't work from My laptop with Windows 10, Htc One M9 and M8 (Android), Iphone and iPad. After 2 seconds of music the Denon stops responding, loses the network connection and I need to restart it. Everything worked perfectly until last week. The "connect" feature is the only reason I have the premium account.
I hope the issue will be resolved asap.

Same problem as everyone else. 

Equipment:

LG G Flex

Denon AVR-700W ethernet cable & tried wifi. 

Also tried Ipad, Note 3, and PC. None of them work as of yesterday. 

Got answer of spotify-support-team.
They wrote, they recognized the problem and let me know, if there are news about it.
Also it is written, spotify is trying to fix the problem.

I don't know, if this procedure is just like a standard (telling the customer, we're trying to fix it for keeping the customer calmed down) or if they are really workin' for it....

We've got to wait and drink tea (or beer or something else 😄 ). I won't wait for a very long time...

Ok, let's wait, hope not too long...thanks for reporting here!

All I know is that if it's not fixed or some kind of work around I'll be cancelling my subscription. I've been a premium user since launch.

Suggested posts