Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

UI bugs in 3.1

Just got the 3.1 update, with the newly designed mini and main player. Three things I've noticed immediately... 1) Open Spotify from the widget, it takes you to the main player showing the last track you were playing (as normal), press Back - and you...

• Roadie
  • Just got the 3.1 update, with the newly designed mini and main player. Three things I've noticed immediately...   1) Open Spotify from the widget, it takes you to the main player showing the l...
  • strict418
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you clear the download queue?

I've reached the 3,333 track limit on my device (Android phone) and keep getting the message every time I go switch off offline mode, because I have tracks queued to download but obviously can't.How can I clear the download queue, to stop the message...

• Casual Listener
  • I've reached the 3,333 track limit on my device (Android phone) and keep getting the message every time I go switch off offline mode, because I have tracks queued to download but obviously can't. Ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Streaming songs on endless repaet

Hello, I use spotify version 3.1.0.1117 on a samsung galaxy tab s 8.4 and have the following problem. I use connect to play music on teufel raumfeld wlan speakers, but somehow the option for endless repeat of a single song is not available. Any idea ...

• Hello,   I use spotify version 3.1.0.1117 on a samsung galaxy tab s 8.4 and have the following problem. I use connect to play music on teufel raumfeld wlan speakers, but somehow the option for...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I download only one music?

Hi there  How can I download only one music in album or playlist??

• Visitor
  • Hi there 🙂  How can I download only one music in album or playlist??
  • killtogetcrimso
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock screen pausing

I just got my Galaxy S5 and I noticed that when I'm playing music on Spotify and I lock my phone, I can't pause or skip from the lock screen. Is there a setting that I can change to fix it or is the feature not availble on this phone?

• I just got my Galaxy S5 and I noticed that when I'm playing music on Spotify and I lock my phone, I can't pause or skip from the lock screen. Is there a setting that I can change to fix it or is the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • galaxy s5
    pause
    Play
    skip
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect unknown user???

Hi I discovered just now that someone else is using my spotify? When i tried to play some of my songs i suddenly got the connect tab choosing where I want to play my music from my device or from a stranger, How is that possible, even when I wasnt usi...

• Hi I discovered just now that someone else is using my spotify? When i tried to play some of my songs i suddenly got the connect tab choosing where I want to play my music from my device or from a st...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost premium features

I have premium service but suddenly i don't have premium features. Tried Uninstalling and reinstalling. Still no premium features. Anyone no why?

• I have premium service but suddenly i don't have premium features.  Tried Uninstalling and reinstalling. Still no premium features.  Anyone no why? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crazy data usage

Android 5.1.1Nexus 6.Music quality set to High (medium setting.)Spotify using 200-250mb per day of BACKGROUND data.Total foreground data was about 75mb. 75mb even seems high, since I spent maybe 60 minutes total streaming music over radio.Removed and...

• Music Fan
  • Android 5.1.1 Nexus 6. Music quality set to High (medium setting.) Spotify using 200-250mb per day of BACKGROUND data. Total foreground data was about 75mb.   75mb even seems high, since I...
  • jaser1987
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My spotify on android takes forever to load

My spotify on android takes forever to load.

• My spotify on android takes forever to load.
  • jlj66
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

how do i delete the old playlist starred without having to delete every song in it

Can anyone help me out i have the newest version of spotify on my galaxy S3 and i remember have this app on my 1st phone then my second and now my third so being that my first phone had the very old version of spotify with the two playlists liked and...

• Visitor
  • Can anyone help me out i have the newest version of spotify on my galaxy S3 and i remember have this app on my 1st phone then my second and now my third so being that my first phone had the very old ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong album art displayed on lockscreen

(I'm on Nexus 5, latest Lollipop update) The last few days I've been noticing that the album covers displayed on the lock screen are wrong. It seems the first album I play after closing Spotify is permanently displayed, until I force stop the app. Li...

• Music Fan
  • (I'm on Nexus 5, latest Lollipop update)   The last few days I've been noticing that the album covers displayed on the lock screen are wrong. It seems the first album I play after closing...
  • Redfox1701
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify android widget stopped working

Hi, i did some updates to my android phone and suddenly the spotify widget stopped working doesnt show what im playing, play back and forward buttons are grey out, i deleted the cache and reinstalled spotify but still not working, any ideas on how to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    i did some updates to my android phone and suddenly the spotify widget stopped working doesnt show what im playing, play back and forward buttons are grey out, i deleted the cache ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    Widget
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Music - Wi-Fi Will Not Connect

I am a Spotify Premium user as of the start of June. When I first downloaded Spotify Music into my Motorola 2nd Gen, everything was working fine. I added playlist, chose songs and downloaded them for offline listening. However, as soon as I started d...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a Spotify Premium user as of the start of June. When I first downloaded Spotify Music into my Motorola 2nd Gen, everything was working fine. I added playlist, chose songs and downloaded them for...
  • Isabelle112811
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to connect to Playstation Spotify via built-in Nook Spotify?

I can't seem to find the connect button on Spotify. I dont know if it has anything to do with the fact that the app is built into my Nook. If I can, where do I find it?

•  I can't seem to find the connect button on Spotify. I dont know if it has anything to do with the fact that the app is built into my Nook. If I can, where do I find it?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! canceling spotify

How do I cancel spotify?

• How do I cancel spotify?
  • mrustean
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

stuck on loading

Spotify app keeps loading playlists, songs, albums,...nothing appears, always stuck on the green loading cricle. Rebooting didn't help. Re installed spotify, chose log in. Stuck on log in screen, again with the endless loop of green circle loading. R...

• Regular
  • Spotify app keeps loading playlists, songs, albums,...nothing appears, always stuck on the green loading cricle. Rebooting didn't help. Re installed spotify, chose log in. Stuck on log in screen, aga...
  • JohnPetrasek
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify does not find SD card

I beleive I've read all topics concerning this error. The official reactian was: Stop Spotify (Settings -> Apps -> Spotify) Manually create /storage/sdcard1/Android/data Copy 'com.spotify.music' and all subdirectories from internal storage to '/stora...

• I beleive I've read all topics concerning this error. The official reactian was: Stop Spotify (Settings -> Apps -> Spotify) Manually create /storage/sdcard1/Android/data Copy 'com.spotify.music...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist page wont load

I have premium and have had it for months, and I use it almost all day. As of this morning the "artists" page won't load out of the search. What I mean is if I search for example "stone temple pilots" it will bring me back the results but when I clic...

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium and have had it for months, and I use it almost all day. As of this morning the "artists" page won't load out of the search. What I mean is if I search for example "stone temple pilots...
  • abcpnw1
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Connect: loses devices and change volume

Playing from mobile phone (Motorola XT1040), Spotify Connect loses remote Android device (Samsung SM-T210) connection after pause, when remote Android device (Samsung SM-T210) is in screen off mode or Spotify App is running in background. Remote devi...

• Playing from mobile phone (Motorola XT1040),  Spotify Connect loses remote Android device (Samsung SM-T210) connection after pause, when remote Android device (Samsung SM-T210) is in screen off ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify App Doesn't Work on Android 5.0.1 - WTF?!

Hi all, Updated my operating system on Samsung Galaxy S4 last week, and spotify completely stopped working. Super lame as I'm paying for this app! Have tried to reinstall as per here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshoot...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   Updated my operating system on Samsung Galaxy S4 last week, and spotify completely stopped working. Super lame as I'm paying for this app!   Have tried to reinstall as per her...
  • carloscaliche2
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes