Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Connect, no devices appear

Spotify Connect, no devices appear

For a few months now, I'm generally not able to see any of my local speakers and speaker groups in Spotify. I have 6 speakers in my home (all Google devices) and several speaker groups. Usually, when I go to Connect, the device list is empty, as in the screenshot. Sometimes one device might appear. Sometimes several. Not a lot of consistency. I can use Assistant to tell Google to play something via a device on Spotify and that works, but I can't do it through the Spotify app. Help! This is what I use Spotify for 90% of the time and it just doesn't work. I'm able to see the devices just fine in YouTube Music. 

Plan

Premium family 

Country

USA

Device

Samsung S24 Ultra

Operating System

Android 14

Screenshot_20240623_141210_Spotify.jpg
2 Replies

Hey @erikapuku,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about this.

This type of case is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device that might be affecting the proper behavior of the app. So in this case, and if you haven't tried before, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article

Also, since this could also be related with the network connection, would you mind resetting your router or trying a different Wi-Fi with your devices to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another Wi-Fi network available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it. 

Lastly, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This didn't work. Devices still appear and disappear at random. 

Suggested posts