Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect - "Sorry! Can't play this content while connected to another device"

Solved!

Spotify Connect - "Sorry! Can't play this content while connected to another device"

From Android to PC/Spotify-enabled unit.

The Android app refuses to start a song of my choosing. It gives the error message in the title. It will, however, let me start a playlist and Connect it over to the PC. The Next/Prev buttons work, and I can choose any song I like out of the Play Queue. But if I click on any song directly in the playlist, it yields this error.

The reverse is not true. Going from PC to PC, or from PC to other device does not give a similar error. The error persists over reboots and arises in every possible configuration and state of the device. Whether my account is already playing something or not has absolutely no impact whatsoever. I'm not trying to play local files either. The error also arises regardless of which unit I am trying to Connect to (I have tried 3 computers and a Spotify-enabled radio, all of which worked just a couple of days ago).

The workaround of Connecting back to the "host" unit, changing songs, then setting Connect back to the unit I want to do the playback is pretty ugly...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Turns out if was a sync issue. Forced resync of the affected device solved the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Turns out if was a sync issue. Forced resync of the affected device solved the problem.

Suggested posts