Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify ICS App, Beta app out now, download instructions here

Solved!

Spotify ICS App, Beta app out now, download instructions here

Finally, the wait is over! Spotify has released a beta app for ICS that hopefully fixes all our problems.

If you want to have it now on your phone, do the following:

- Go into your phone's settings, and click on 'Security' > scroll down and switch on 'Unknown Sources'

- Open your phone's browser and surf to 'www.spotify.com/blog

- Depending on the country you're in, the first post will be about the new beta app. If you don't see it, switch your country (below on the webpage) to Switzerland (German) (I assume it will be posted to all the other blogs later today). You will then see a big green button that says 'Herunterladen'. Press it, and it will start installing the new app on your phone.

If you want to download the apk directly, use this link: http://download.spotify.com/android/PreviewSpotifyAndroid.apk

EDIT: In another topic, a moderator posted the following link, where you can also find the big green button, without having to go through the blog:  http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

Post any questions here, and the community will help you out.

Enjoy!

98 Replies

Anyone know how to get a widget on the homescreen or even the lockscreen on Gingerbread?

There is currently no widget in the preview ap - hopefully something added back soon.

Lockscreen controls seem to work in ICS, but I don't think Gingerbread has a generic control for it to hook in to. You'd need to wait for the homescreen widget functionality to return and then use something like WidgetLocker I guess

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Spent quite a bit of  time after installing, downloading playlists to my device (Motorola Bionic).

Yesterday I was greeted with the login screen and found all my downloaded playlists gone.

😞

Same problem with my asus prime. Impossible to sync.

The beta looks nice, but I miss the Android widget. Please add this back to the new version. The way the old widget worked was perfect, so if you could add that back in it would be awesome. Other than that, no complaints so far. 

The interface is much faster, and is much more streamlined. Good work.

Thank you

Marked as solution

Missing widget is reported here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/quot-Official-quot-new-application-beta-release-missi...

----------------

I'm unable to install on me HTC One S. I have enabled Unknown sources and I get the prompt to check the permissions for the app and to cancel or install. The cancel button works but the install button does nothing!

Andy suggestions?

Same comments here, Pauline115. Now it's deciding which is worse: listening with the old app with the side effect that the tablet will crash, or ... well not listening (since it stays offline - or listening to my two offline playlists) and hoping it does not crash. 

Almost perfect.

We need bigger art for albums imho, the image needs to fit to window, it is too small actually.

Really great job on the app guys. Just a few things I feel it would make this app even more awesome. It would be cool to have the widget again, I found it very useful. Another thing would be adding the Radio like on the desktop app, to the mobile app. There is this one thing that if I exit the app, when I open it again, it gets stuck on the play screen. Maybe you guys are working on this things already, but other than that, I love how the app in looking on Android. Great Job.

Phone: Nexus S 4G 

Marked as solution

@catorr wrote:

Really great job on the app guys. Just a few things I feel it would make this app even more awesome. 

First couple are on the stickied missing features and wishlist thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/quot-Official-quot-new-application-beta-release-missi...

The issue with being stuck on the now playing screen I raised also, along with a few others: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Preview-app-glitches-on-returning-to-app/td-p/47103

----------------

thanks 

Has the Beta been updated, since originally released 3 weeks ago?

Nope. I think the plan is to make the intended improvements and updates to it and go straight to Market (Play). No idea on time frame though.
----------------

Cool, thanks for the reply. I really just wondered whether I was missing out on a new Beta.

The new beta release looks nice, but as long as Spotify cant solve the IMEI problem forcing us offline the new look does not realy help us!
Spotify; fix the problem that forces many talets to go offline!

official support fot tablets please!!

Since the first version of the mobile app, I've been dying for a way to sort playlists by artists. Please, please, add this feature.

(or if this does exist, please tell me 😄 )

This is very anoying! After I posted on this forum I got mail from Spotify to download the Beta version that is out now.
The problem is that this beta is the same version that I'm trying to tell Spotify that is not working! Starting it result in the samt thing happening "Spotify is offline"
Spotify, - are you interested in fixing the problem regarding tablets that is only using WiFi (no mobile device with IMEI kode)? There is no use in sending out mails with links to Beta versions were it seem to me that you haven't looking in to the IMEI problem at all!

Heard so many great things about app so downloaded it...same problem on tablet. Spotify constantly goes into off line mode on android 4.0.3. If I didnt have amazing luck with my android bionic I would cancel but my phone still works fine. Fix offline issue on tablets

Suggested posts