Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Offline Mode + Google Assistant

Spotify Offline Mode + Google Assistant

The main reason I got Spotify Premium was to be able to play music in my car without streaming and thus save money on my data plan. I go hands free and use Google Assistant voice commands. The implementation between the two is very poor. I cannot use Spotify in offline mode with Google Assistant. This creates an issue where I can voice command to play an album that I have downloaded and instead I get something similar streaming, which has often happened. Sometimes I don't realize I'm actually streaming until a few songs in and then have to try numerous voice commands to try and convice Google Assistant to just play from my downloaded albums. It seems the preference is streaming over my downloads, very annoying. 

At the very least I should be able to say "Play downloaded album..." or just make Spotify available in offline mode via Google Assistant. 

2 Replies

is this not fixed yet

Hey there @SUBCMDR and @JABCM,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

At the moment, it's not possible to use a Google Assistant command on your Android device to stream only downloaded songs, albums or playlists on Spotify. Similarly, it won't be possible to use Google Assistant if the app is set to Offline Mode as you mentioned.

However, if this is something you'd like to see in the app, we'd recommend sharing it in our Ideas Exchange.

You might be also interested in adding your support to this similar sounding idea on a toggle for mobile data streaming.

For more info on how ideas get implemented or how your feedback reaches Spotify, we'd suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts