Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium doesn't update recent shortcuts on home screen (Nova Launcher Prime)

Solved!

Spotify Premium doesn't update recent shortcuts on home screen (Nova Launcher Prime)

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Xiaomi Redmi 7A

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

On Spotify Free I could create shortcuts on my home screen (screen 2) by long pressing the Spotify Icon (screen 1). After changing to Premium, the recent listened playlists list (screen 1) does not refresh.

Screen 1.jpg 

Screen 2.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @kardaw 

Thank you for the provided information. It was really useful. Checking with the tech team, this issue you're reporting need to be checked with the device or your launcher manufacturer. It's also good that you check if your OS and launcher are performing the latest version available. Ultimately, there is nothing Spotify can do on its side to solve your issue, unfortunately... 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey, @kardaw 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

You can continue creating shortcuts from Spotify on your home screen. Just go on the playlist you want to create the shortcut, tap the three-dots button and select the option Add to Home screen

Screenshot_20191106-095504.png

About the short menu on the Spotify icon, it doesn't work with the recently listened playlists. Actually, it seems to be aleatory...

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

This method by creating shortcuts with Spotify instead Nova Launcher (and maybe other launchers as well) makes lower resolution icons.

(Screen: 400dp - from 1280x720 to 800x400)

Screen 3.jpg

Hey again, @kardaw 

Sorry for the delay!

I was checking here and I'd like to ask you to try to create shortcut for a web page both from your phone's browser and from Nova Launcher and see if there's a difference between the resolution of the two?

Keep me posted!

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

To whatever DPI I set my screen in the settings of my phone, and restart my device, 

Firefox create 85x85 shortcuts of any icon, even if a website share a smaller icon. Spotify app makes 42x42 icons for the home screen. (look at Screen 5 and 6 below).

Nova Launcher stretches the icons to a fixed size, so that they are the same size.

My screen resolution on my Xiaomi 7A is 1440x720.

The "last listened playlists list" (screen 1 from my first post) is empty, after I reinstalled Spotify. I found out that it has nothing to do with my Premium account, I suppose it happened after I performed the updates. I could do shortcuts even for podcasts of the "last listened playlists list" (screen 2 from first post on top: "Rock i Borys").

-----------------------------------------------------

Screen 4, 5 and 6:

Screen 4.jpgScreen 5.jpg

Screen 6.jpg

Marked as solution

Hey, @kardaw 

Thank you for the provided information. It was really useful. Checking with the tech team, this issue you're reporting need to be checked with the device or your launcher manufacturer. It's also good that you check if your OS and launcher are performing the latest version available. Ultimately, there is nothing Spotify can do on its side to solve your issue, unfortunately... 

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts