Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution THE WIDGET IS BACK

PlanPremiumCountry US OF A BABYDevicePixel 3 Operating SystemAndroid ATTENTION ATTENTION PEOPLE OF THE ANDROID SPOTIFY COMMUNITY. THE WODGET IS BACK WITH THE MOST RECENTLY UPDATE. UPDATE YOUR APP FIND THE WIDGET. OUR VOICES HAVE BEEN HEARD!!!!

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  US OF A BABY Device Pixel 3  Operating System Android   ATTENTION ATTENTION PEOPLE OF THE ANDROID SPOTIFY COMMUNITY. THE WODGET IS BACK WITH THE MOST REC...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Now Playing Bar

Is there a way to get rid of the now playing bar at the bottom of the screen in Spotify? I'm not playing music and I don't want it at the bottom. Theres gotta be a way to get rid of it Its the bar above the menu stuff

• Visitor
  •       Is there a way to get rid of the now playing bar at the bottom of the screen in Spotify? I'm not playing music and I don't want it at the bottom.  Theres gotta be a way t...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Android USB audio output NOT working in my car

Hi People!Here's the story.I have a Fiat 500 with a 2015 Fiat original USB radio. It does not support bluetooth audio streaming. Only AUX through 3.5mm jack or USB AUX. Or well, I should buy one of those bluetooth aux dongles. If I plug an iPhone via...

• Visitor
  • Hi People! Here's the story. I have a Fiat 500 with a 2015 Fiat original USB radio. It does not support bluetooth audio streaming. Only AUX through 3.5mm jack or USB AUX. Or well, I should buy one ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution VERY LAGGY ANIMATIONS AND LOAD TIMES

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy A6+Operating SystemAndroidOreo My Question or IssueI can't use newer versions of Spotify with the updated interface where music and podcasts are separated. It's WAY TOO LAGGY! It take 30 seconds to load pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy A6+ Operating SystemAndroid Oreo   My Question or Issue I can't use newer versions of Spotify with the updated interface where music a...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Timeline on Note 10?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 10+ So I have made the switch from iOS to android and what I loved about ios is that I didn't need to unlock my phone to go to a point in a track that I loved. However, I've spent a few hours trying t...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy Note 10+   So I have made the switch from iOS to android and what I loved about ios is that I didn't need to unlock my phone to g...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    iOS
    lock screen
    Widgets
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting to Chromecast

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceLG V30+Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueSo connecting to Chromecast is a big issue. For some albums it will connect with no issues, for other albums it wont. It will say it's connecting, but never will....

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device LG V30+ Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue So connecting to Chromecast is a big issue.    For some albums it will con...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Search

PremiumUSGalaxy 8+Android Oreo When I search in my playlists, in library, and enter one of the options, when I leave that options window to go back, the search results are cleared. On the iOS app, the search results remain. Is that possible on the An...

• Regular
  • Premium US Galaxy 8+ Android Oreo   When I search in my playlists, in library, and enter one of the options, when I leave that options window to go back, the search results are cleared. On ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix does not change

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueMy daily mixes on my android phone are already 3 months the same and don't change. On my comp...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue My dail...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no longer sees speaker/AVR or any other devices

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMotorola AndroidOperating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 My Question or IssueSpotify no longer sees my AVR (a Yamaha networked receiver), or any other Spotify connect devices on my network. It still works from my wife's phone. somethi...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Motorola Android Operating System Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue Spotify no longer sees my AVR (a Yamaha networked receiver), or any other Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Scan to join - 'New: Spotify Codes' Pop-up will not close upon clicking scan

PlanPremium (Family)CountryUnitedd KingdomDeviceSony Xperia M2Operating SystemAndroid 5.1.1 (Lollipop) My Question or IssueUpon pressing scan to join underneath the devices available, i'm met with the pop-up (image attached) 'New: Spotify Codes'. How...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium (Family) Country Unitedd Kingdom Device Sony Xperia M2 Operating System Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)   My Question or Issue Upon pressing scan to join underneath the devices a...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify wont load on android

Premium family account UkSamsung s8All software up to date I have downloaded the app and deleted it 5 or 6 times now and doesnt work. It comes up with a black screen with the logo in the middle, goes to the home screen the straight back to the black ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium family account  Uk Samsung s8 All software up to date   I have downloaded the app and deleted it 5 or 6 times now and doesnt work. It comes up with a black screen with the logo...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify doesn't load on samsung galaxy s9+

Premium familynetherlands DeviceSamsung Galaxy 9+Operating SystemAndroid Oreo after reinstalling the app several times, checking if it works on the web player and other androids and Iphones The spotify app doesn't load properly: the home page, the pl...

• Visitor
  • Premium family netherlands   Device Samsung Galaxy 9+ Operating System Android Oreo   after reinstalling the app several times, checking if it works on the web player and other...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution What can I do to bring back the widget?

Apple Music supports a widget. I do not like Apple Music, but it offers as much music as Spotify. I would like to keep Spotify, but the removal of the widget I used everyday is a kind of like a slap in the face as a customer. I have faith the Spotify...

• Apple Music supports a widget. I do not like Apple Music, but it offers as much music as Spotify. I would like to keep Spotify, but the removal of the widget I used everyday is a kind of like a slap ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • boycott
    Widget
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution All my music got unloaded

PlanPremium (the 2-months-free offer)CountryFranceDeviceSamsung A8Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueHello, here is the problem I have with my Spotify account : all my music suddenly got unloaded and whenever I try to redownload it, the ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium (the 2-months-free offer) Country France Device Samsung A8 Operating System Android Pie    My Question or Issue Hello, here is the problem I have with my Spotify acco...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to unblock songs?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceHuawei P20, Gigabyte Aero 15 Operating SystemAndroid Oreo, Ubuntu My Question or IssueI had accidentally block certain songs while using Spotify on my phone. Whenever I tried to skip certain songs, I would accidentally c...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Huawei P20, Gigabyte Aero 15   Operating System Android Oreo, Ubuntu   My Question or Issue I had accidentally block certain songs while u...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Search a Title

PlanPremium CountryFrance DeviceHonor 20 View Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueBonjour, avec l'ancienne mise à jour Spotify, nous pouvions sauvegarder des titres et nous pouvions rechercher à l'intérieur de ceux ci. Avec la nouvelle mise à...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country France   Device Honor 20 View   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Bonjour, avec l'ancienne mise à jour Spotify, nous pouvion...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 3 of Young Thug's last 4 albums don't work for me

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLG V30Operating System Android 8.0.0 My Question or IssueEver since Young Thug's Beautiful Thugger Girls album, I havent been able to listen to any of his new albums(except for Super Slimey). It was like this even when I ha...

•   Plan Premium Country USA Device LG V30 Operating System  Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue Ever since Young Thug's Beautiful Thugger Girls album, I havent been able to ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't resume after call

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceAny androidOperating SystemAndroid, AUDI smartphone interface My Question or IssueEverytime I make or recive calls spotify stops but won't resume after call finishes

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Any android Operating System Android, AUDI smartphone interface   My Question or Issue Everytime I make or recive calls spotify stops but won't ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Audi smartphone interfacev
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why remove the Android Widget?

I just found out why my widget dont work anymore on my Note9. I dont get why Spotify shuns Android users. One of the reasons people use Andoid is the widgets and i use the Spotify widget quite allot during the day.Your so called solution is a lazy so...

• Gig Goer
  • I just found out why my widget dont work anymore on my Note9.    I dont get why Spotify shuns Android users. One of the reasons people use Andoid is the widgets and i use the Spotify widg...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

Clock does not connect to Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 3 XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 - Patch level September 5, 2019Spotify Version: 8.5.22.734My Question or IssueWhen I try to connect the clock to Spotify I get a screen that briefly says "Loading..." and I'm then taken ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 3 XL Operating System Android 10 - Patch level September 5, 2019 Spotify Version: 8.5.22.734 My Question or Issue When I try to connect the clock to Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes