Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium not Registering?

Solved!

Spotify Premium not Registering?

I have Spotify Premium, I use it to listen to music on my Android phone every day. I was using it earlier today. Tonight, however, it has suddenly stopped working - when I try to open a playlist or use the "search" function, every song is greyed-out, when I click on a song, it prompts me to "Upgrade to Spotify Premium." I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on my device; no luck. I got onto my PC to check my subscription status - it shows that all is normal and I have Spotify Premium, and from my PC I can play music, however, when I log back on with my Android, it says I'm using "Spotify Free" and again prompts me to upgrade. What gives?

43 Replies

Hi aschwindy - You're currently on our Free service as your last Premium couldn't go through successfully. 

Please make sure the card linked to your account still meets all of these requirements:

1. Your card must not have expired. 
2. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. If you intend to use a payment method in another country, you can make this selection on your Subscription page (We can only accept payment from our launch countries). 
3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card). 
4. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases. 
5. There are some banks that require other security authentication, the most common being 3DSecure. 

Once you have checked all of the above, please try again to subscribe from your subscription page.

Marked as solution

This answer with those five steps is bull**bleep** to us, Nordea customers.

I would like to add a another reason and heck, this is reason why we can't renew our subscriptions.

6. And there is some banks that need security from you. Like Nordea. They only accept a Internet payment method when service purchased from Internet. You send this purchase to bank as Local payment (purchased in shop). And Nordea decline this as security step, so autorenewal does not work at all with Spotify.

Why you have time to answer this, but no time to change your payment type to Internet? So we can use your lovely autorenew option?

This problem is in Spotify for years and no one care. Yes, I have a Official answer from Nordea Finland. So I know where is problem in situations like this... Stop blamming bank we use, update your **bleep**ty systems instead.

7. Be happy and use PayPal for everything you can when shopping in the internet . The best. 🙂

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

The best answer from payment team to this was change bank. This is not customer service when Spotify employee say change bank.

And yes, I go right away to change my bank to get this bull**bleep** to work... No way. 😄

These days I just purchase those Premium gift cards for year, so no problem with purchasing those. But this autorenew, which is much better, does not work. And change bank is no solution to this, customer service... You should know it!

Sorry Meredith, but I checked this many times. I'm idiot?

1. Your card must not have expired. MY CARD IS NOT EXPIRED.
2. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. If you intend to use a payment method in another country, you can make this selection on your Subscription page (We can only accept payment from our launch countries). MY CARD COUNTRY IS FINLAND AND MY SPOTIFY COUNTRY IS FINLAND.
3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card). MY CARD VISA ELECTRON IS ENABLED TO E-COMMERCE BULL**bleep**.
4. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases. HECK, IT'S OPEN...
5. There are some banks that require other security authentication, the most common being 3DSecure. NO NO NO, YOU JOKE ME? MY BANK IS NOT REQUIRING ANYTHING, JUST TAKE MY MONEY...

So this answer is bull**bleep** I checked many times. And yes, I hate PayPal. Nordea is great bank.

I'v used PayPal for Spotify and never had issues with autorenew etc. 🙂 (I hate Nordea myself) 🙂

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I can use my Nordea Visa Electron everywhere without problems. But this Spotify...

And I have PayPal, however I do not use it often. And I do not like connect PayPal to Spotify as there should be working renew system in Spotify too. They just does not want to fix this.

I am having the same issue. I just upgraded to Premium but have not been able to use it. I have been charged and funds have cleared my account. I do not want to pay for something I am not able to use and I feel this is quite unfair. What can be done to remedy this situation? I even tried to get premium again but it then says that I already have said subscritption.

I have logged out many times, cleared app data, even uninstalled and reinstalled. This is on my Galaxy S3

sethyg - Everything should be working for you now. How does it work after you log out/ log in again?

I am having this same problem. My account overview says I have a premium account. The premium features do not work on computer or mobile device. I am using the same username and password.

@Creodesigner wrote:

I am having this same problem. My account overview says I have a premium account. The premium features do not work on computer or mobile device. I am using the same username and password.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Sometimes there can be a short delay between your account going premium and it being recognised on your devices.

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

im having the same problem, can I have some assistance?

Hello same problem can u fix it please?

Me too, posted for help under accounts before I saw this forum and thread.

same issue here.  the credit card i was using for my spotify account was lost and i forgot to update the card info before my subscription lapsed.  i've since corrected that and am unable to get the android client to recognize that i have a premium account although the account tab on the web site shows i have a valid premium membership.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  my employer recently blocked the desktop client on our network and i don't keep any music on my phone anymore since i starting using spotify premium.

so it's finally working..only took about 8 hours to update.....

And we are back to not showing as premium on the mobile app...

This is getting ridiculous....why should i pay for a service that i can't get...

Hi ejsjr - That's strange. There's no reason you shouldn't be receiving Premium on your account. 

Are you signing in with your 'ejsjr' username? 

same exact issue

@georgemandl wrote:

same exact issue

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks... uninstalling from the phone and then reinstalling worked. Seems a bit buggy TBH.

Suggested posts