Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Radio missing in Android App

Solved!

Spotify Radio missing in Android App

The Radio icon is missing in my Spotify app on both my Android phones?  It was previously there.  I'm currently running version 1.2.0.534 on both phones.  One is a Galaxy Note 3 the other is a Moto G (3G edition).  Both phones have all the latest Android software updates installed.

I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling.  Rebooting the phone.  Logging in and out.  Nothing seems to get it back.

On my Windows computer the radio stations are appearing fine.

I can still see Stations in the 'Your Music' section of the App, but I can no longer browse to different generes of radio station.

Any suggestions?

2014-08-12 07.40.15.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

How very odd. It's is showing OK on mine. It may have been a glitch in the server.

Can you log out, reboot your phone then log in again and see if it's now appeared?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

How very odd. It's is showing OK on mine. It may have been a glitch in the server.

Can you log out, reboot your phone then log in again and see if it's now appeared?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

My wife is having the exact same problem. The genre radio stations are missing on her Andrioid Phone. However, she can see those radio stations when using Web Player on her PC.   We have tried, uninstall /reinstall /reboot and the result is the same where radio statations are missing on her login.

The strange thing is when she logout from the Android app and try login with my username and password. all those radio stations do appear on her phone.  Looks like a server issuse here. 

Same problem here.

So it looks like this problem is on the server side.  How do I escalate this to Spotify for a resolution?  I don't think there's anything I can actually do to resolve this myself.  Does anyone know how to raise an 'incident ticket' with the Spotify help desk?  Thanks

The Radio option has been missing for a week or two on both my Android tablet and phone.

I eventually decided to factory reset my phone (Galaxy S3) as it had seen a dramatic decrease in performance.

After the reset I installed spotify and the radio feature has returned to my menu.

Suggested posts