Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Randomly Skips Songs and Jumps on Android

Spotify Randomly Skips Songs and Jumps on Android

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem with spotify. Yes, I am a paying premium user. So, on my Nexus 4 I will choose a track to play and it will play and them suddenly it will skip a few seconds around (forward or back), then it will just skip to the next track. I already cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled. As I pay for this service it if frustrating I can't even listen to music on my phone! Any help would be much appreciated!

8 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Do you experience this issue with one particular song, or with all your songs?

Could you please let me know:

• What Android device do you have (e.g Galaxy S4)
  • What Spotify version you have installed
  • What Android version you have installed

Thank you!

Hello,

I am also having the same issue. I'm running stock Cyanogen on a Oneplus One. I have scoured their forums to no avail. I was considering canceling my account as it's frustrating deleting installing and logging in to get the same results. I just want to know if there is something on the Oneplus One that I could change to get it to work. I miss my music 😕

I am having the same problem using my Samsung S4. It will happen on playback of an non-downloaded playlist (currently listening to AwolNation's new one). I pay for premium service as well.

Same problem here EXCEPT it happens when in offline mode with downloaded songs too. My playlists on spotify that i listen to on the 50 miles per day i drive is sadly the only time i usually get to unwind. my phone is a new galaxy S5 with no other apps save samsung's default ones and chrome.

Oh and I really REALLY would like to see an actual EMPLOYEE of spotify and NOT a forum frequenter at the very  least acknowledge the issue which unsurprisingly isnt just affecting me.....

@Delaslow wrote:
Hello,I am also having the same issue. I'm running stock Cyanogen on a Oneplus One. I have scoured their forums to no avail. I was considering canceling my account as it's frustrating deleting installing and logging in to get the same results. I just want to know if there is something on the Oneplus One that I could change to get it to work. I miss my music 😕

@DottsyZ wrote:
I am having the same problem using my Samsung S4. It will happen on playback of an non-downloaded playlist (currently listening to AwolNation's new one). I pay for premium service as well.

@sotallytiber wrote:
Same problem here EXCEPT it happens when in offline mode with downloaded songs too. My playlists on spotify that i listen to on the 50 miles per day i drive is sadly the only time i usually get to unwind. my phone is a new galaxy S5 with no other apps save samsung's default ones and chrome.  Oh and I really REALLY would like to see an actual EMPLOYEE of spotify and NOT a forum frequenter at the very  least acknowledge the issue which unsurprisingly isnt just affecting me.....

I suspect you are all on Lollipop, can you try the suggestion here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PLEASE-READ-Android-5-x-Lollipop-Distorted-playback-so...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi been having same problem too. (4.4.2 kitkat) 

Spoiler

Had exactly the same problem on Galaxy S3. Then found that it just stopped working. So, all my playlists are greyed out - it tells me that there is no network connection even though there is.

I would just cancel my subscription but I've already pre-paid until December 2015.  

Terrible service from Spotify.  The customer service is absolutely woeful.  

I am also having this issue.
When playing music on my android phone(Sony Xperia), or my PS4, or both together..
Songs just skip forward and nerver play.
I have to button mash until one finally plays and I can never just choose what song I want.
It's soooo frustrating I want to throw my phone or controller whenever I'm trying to listen to music, such is very often.
I'm a premium user and quite frankly this is bull**bleep**!

Suggested posts