Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify aggressively pushing waze app onto customers

Solved!

Spotify aggressively pushing waze app onto customers

My Question or Issue

Spoitify continues to aggressively push the waze app.  I've been asked to link the apps at least 15 times this month.  I initially threatened to change apps but I like the product and service spotify offers so I don't want to change.... Now I will have to go comment on social media until someone from this poor customer service company responds.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @121300898,

Welcome to the community!

First up, let's try a quick clean reinstallation of the app by following these steps.

If that doesn't help, let's see if turning off Car View helps resolve this issue:

1. Tap Home icon_home.png
    Got Premium? Tap Your Library icon_library.png
  2. Tap Settings icon_settings.png
  3. Switch Car View off (gray).

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Let me know how it goes. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @121300898,

Welcome to the community!

First up, let's try a quick clean reinstallation of the app by following these steps.

If that doesn't help, let's see if turning off Car View helps resolve this issue:

1. Tap Home icon_home.png
    Got Premium? Tap Your Library icon_library.png
  2. Tap Settings icon_settings.png
  3. Switch Car View off (gray).

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Let me know how it goes. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

I turned off car view shortly after posting this, that seems to have fixed the issue... I didn't love it anyway, but it's sad to disable some features so I don't get pestered.

Hey @121300898,

I'm glad to hear that turning off Car View as a workaround has resolved the issue!

It seems like this is also a known ongoing issue and is under investigation by the Spotify tech teams. You can add your +VOTE here so you can keep up to speed.

Hopefully, you'll be able to re-enable Car View soon, once the Waze issue has been resolved!

Just give me a shout if you need a hand with anything else 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

**bleep** service, **bleep** app. Stops working well I'm driving and that's the only reason I have spotify is for when I'm driving. And I have to stop to get rid if the popups 

Hey there @6049969182

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

Do you mind giving us more info about the behavior of the Spotify-app while being used in the car? Also, what are the pop-ups that you notice on the screen? It'd be very useful if you send us a screenshot of what you see when it happens. 

Once we have a broader description of the issue you experience, we'll be able to take a closer look and help further. 

We'll look out for your reply!

Suggested posts