Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify android app not working properly doesn't load any content or plays any song

Solved!

Spotify android app not working properly doesn't load any content or plays any song

Hi, My Spotify android app is not working. When I open the app the Home page shows all the recommendations, playlists and artist thumbnails but when I tap on it  the content inside never loads only black screen is present. When I search for a song and directly tap on a song it doesn't start playing, even the bottom play bar that appears when a song is playing never shows. I've tried reinstalling, clearing data, cache, restarting phone and again reinstalling nothing works.

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Operating System

( Android 11 )

My Question or Issue

This is an Issue

Screenshot_20220208-091840_Spotify.png
Screenshot_20220208-094354_Spotify.png
Screenshot_20220208-094410_Spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cpm25,

Thanks for the info. 

Can you let us know if you're using an SD card? If that's the case try removing the SD card and reinstalling Spotify again without putting it back in. This step can sometime fix issues like this.

Keep us in the loop.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I'm also having this same issue trying to play music and podcast. I have also tried all of these troubleshooting steps with no change. I have an Android version 9.

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community 🙂 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying if the same happens with a different internet connection?

Lastly, we suggest that you check if the OS of your phones are up to date. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni, thanks for looking up to my issue. I've tried the clean reinstall which you sent and also tried to open with different internet connection. And my OS is also up to date no updates. But still it didn't do the trick. No page is getting loaded except home and no song is getting played.

Plus one more think I wanna ask apart from above unresolved issue after I'm facing this problem I saw the library tab page has changed is this a new update or my app is not working properly?

Screenshot_20220209-233846_Spotify.png

Hey @cpm25

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in two times in a row on your phone. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device. 

Also, would you mind letting us know what happens if you tap on the X on both of the "Tips" you're showing on the screenshot? Can you see the content of Your Library there?

On another note, we suggest that you try logging in to your account on a different phone to check if the same happens. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey I just tried logging in twice the app is now showing an error msg instead of black screen and little app look has changed that's it the issue still persists. The tips in library also shows nothing. But i tried logging in to another device in Samsung tab A and it worked no issues there. 

Screenshot_20220211-094253_Spotify.png

Hi @cpm25,

Thanks for the reply.

We'd like to look further into this. Could you provide us with the following info:

• your device's make and model, where the issue is present
  • the version of your Spotify app

Do you use any battery optimization settings? If yes, try excluding Spotify from them (or disable the battery optimization) to see if that does the trick. Also, make sure Spotify is allowed to use your Wifi / Mobile data connection. You can check that in your phone's settings.

If you use Data Saver, try disabling it to see if the issue still occurs.

Keep us posted on this.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hii Yordan, I checked the battery optimisation and also excluded Spotify from it that didn't do anything and also the same for data saver it was already off. My device is Asus Max M2 (X01AD). Spotify version currently installed is 8.7.4.1056.

Marked as solution

Hey @cpm25,

Thanks for the info. 

Can you let us know if you're using an SD card? If that's the case try removing the SD card and reinstalling Spotify again without putting it back in. This step can sometime fix issues like this.

Keep us in the loop.

AlexModerator

Hii Alex thanks for posting, your solution worked I ejected se card installed Spotify and logged in and app finally behaves normally. I'm finally able to play songs. Thank you.

Hey @cpm25,

Thanks for letting me know that the SD card trick worked and you can play music again 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions or the issue returns.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I was having this issue too and this fixed mine! Thank you!

Suggested posts