Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app deletes entire library at random

Spotify app deletes entire library at random

Every time I turn off/restart my phone, or it crashes, or runs out of battery, or sometimes just for no apparant reason at all, my ENTIRE library is deleted from my phone, and the default storage space is switched to internal instead of my SD card. This is extremely frustrating, as my library consists of about 3000 songs that I have had to download at least a dozen different times now. I spent hours last night selecting albums I wanted to save, then after restarting my phone today, every one of them was gone. On top of this, my connection to the internet through the app is incredibly slow, it takes about 15 minutes for me to be able to browse songs online, regardless of where I'm connected to the internet or how strong the signal is.

I've scoured the Spotify community time and again and haven't found any solutions. I've done a clean install at least 5 times and it hasn't fixed the problem. I'm paying for Premium but the app can't seem to handle even the simplest of tasks. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to cancel my subscription again.

1 Reply

Do you switch the default storage to your sdcard every time you restart your phone?

If so leave it on internal storage, download some music and restart your phone if the music is still there this issue might be caused by your sdcard, but if not i suggest reinstalling Spotify.

If it still not works i suggest following these steps to do a fully clean reinstallation:

wrote:

- Go to System Settings

- Go to "Apps" 

- Find Spotify there

- On Spotify's page, first, tap "Force Close"

- Then tap "Clear cache" if it's not greyed out.

- Then tap "Unninstall" and remove the app.

- After uninnstalling, power off your device.

- If you can, remove the battery now. Power back on.

- Using a file manager on your phone or with your USB cable and your computer, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

- Reinstall Spotify from Google Play

Source: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/spotify-doesn-t-save-to-sd-card/td-p/873535

Suggested posts