Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

Solved!

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

The Samsung Gear Fit 2 was released 2 weeks ago. All reviews said/showed that it would contain a native spotify app. I´m trying to find that app - but no luck!

Can it be that Spotify only releases it into the US samsung Galaxy apps store? I live in Europe and that might explain it. I wodner if anyone can confirm that this is the case!?

219 Replies

This video is perfect, i follow the steps and i can install spotify on my gear fit 2. Im in Colombia.

The video was great, it works perfect. Thanks for share

awesome! but...can you share instructions for a Sony phone?

Spotify, waiting on the new version so we can listen to our library offline like we do on our phones and PCs.

so.... Gear fit 2 PRO is getting spotify, and it will be available offline.. and it sounds like it will be available outside the states....

Do you think they will be nice and give us 'old folk' with gear fit 2's some love?

I have just had a chat with Emmanuel Y from Spotify Tech support.

He cannot confirm when spotify will reach gears outside USA. apparently they are considering it, but there is no concrete plan of when.

For now we will all have to assume there will be no legal support for spotify on the Gear fit 2 (or even the gear fit 2 pro for that matter) outside the US until further notice.

in Short, those outside US are getting shafted once again.

Bad news to anyone outside the land of the free?

Hi Nick,
Thank you for your email. Do they havea date when spotify gearfit 2 will work offline?
Regards,Enrique 

About zero chance it will ever work offline on Fit 2.

I hope Spotify rethink this 'cause it is a big differentiation among the smartwatches and fitbit watches.
Regards,Enrique 

If they haven't done in till now it won't happen at all. They might do it for Pro version, but I'm not holding my breath.

And why the **bleep** should we have to buy the pro version?

I'm sick of the USA getting the Golden boy treatment whole the rest of us
get false promises

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything, completely up to you. We can install Spotify outside US as well as been shown in this thread.

Only you can decide if offline mode in Spotify warrants buying Pro version. To me personally it won't, but OTOH if Pro version is a better watch e.g improved GPS, HRM etc. and ability to publish third party apps then I will buy it.

I have downloaded the Spotify app into my Gear fit 2 and it allowed me to download play lists directly to my watch.

Anyone else tried it?

I have downloaded the Spotify app into my Gear fit 2 and it allowed me to download play lists directly to my watch.

I can now listen to the downloaded track on my watch with Bluetooth head phones.

No need to have my phone with me now

Yep.  Just downloaded the app on my Fit 2 in Canada.

All is good.

Getting a lot of drop out when playing tracks. Tried 2 different sets of bluetooth headphones and both the same. Makes it unusable if your out for a run. Hopefully a update will sort it out.

Cool, it just came available for Gear in the Netherlands as well. Quick
look only shows streaming and remote options but will give it a closer look
soon for offline playback.

Yes, that´s what it does, you can download playlist but it doesn't download your songs and you can't listen them offline. That's what is missing. So by now it is just a companion of your smartphone or a remote control.

It works nice though.

Marked as solution

Amazing, looks like they've implemented offline mode after all! When you click on actual playlist there is 'Download' button, same as on your phone, so it downloads tracks to your watch.

Once I've installed the app it asked me if I've Premium account, then I had to login and offline access was there.

Should I uninstalled and installed again?

'Cause when I isntalled it didn't asked me if I had a premium account. In fact I was expecting that in order to have offline feature. 

Suggested posts