Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

Solved!

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

The Samsung Gear Fit 2 was released 2 weeks ago. All reviews said/showed that it would contain a native spotify app. I´m trying to find that app - but no luck!

Can it be that Spotify only releases it into the US samsung Galaxy apps store? I live in Europe and that might explain it. I wodner if anyone can confirm that this is the case!?

219 Replies

That is weird, 'cause I just updated today to a new version.

Have you try the Manual update? 

Yes, tried manual, no firmware update, only Gear app was updated, not watch itself.

Are you in Australia as well?

Nop, I'm in Mexico, I guess Australia should be first... Lenguage reasons.

I belive it should be there shortly since it is already in the field. 

Im in Uk and still no update for me either.  Ive seen from a couple of other forums there is a further update released so now im 2 versions behind.  Keep trying manual update but nothing..

Yes, the latest update is firmware R360XXU1DQJ3. 

Just to confirm the process for Manual update here it is:

Open Samsung Gear App

Go to About Gear (at the bottom of the initial menu)

Go to Update Gear Software (first option in the menu)

Choose Manual Download --- at this point the app will look for new updates

Hope this is works.

Thanks but Ive been trying to manually download for the last month but keeps telling me there are no new updates.  Possibly not officially released for all regions yet?

Couldn't say.

Maybe it is better if you open a new post with this issue so they will work on it.

My gear fit also says that there are no new updates available. Thats pretty annonying, because the main reason for me to buy it, was the Spotify feature.. 

Ahh - I‘m German

Tried to find out from Samsung live chat support when firmware update would be available. Complete waste of time they are totally clueless.

Has anyone been able to load the spotify app with the Gear Fit software from an Iphone?

New firmware finally released in Australia, will test Spotify app tonight, hopefully will be usable.

I got the update today in Slovenia.

I'm actually from Croatia and I didn't get the update there earlier this week, but I haven't checked since, so it might have dropped there as well.

Hi were you able to update the firmware directly from the device over wifi in Australia? I have an iPhone so don’t have the option to update the firmware from the phone App. 

Hi chikala,

I did via phone, so not sure about over Wifi option from the watch itself, sorry. But if you were able to update via watch on previous firmwares before then it should be the same I guess?

I've always updated via Gear app on my S7 phone though.

Hey

I managed to update my firmware over the air via Wi-Fi here in Australia and now I have loaded Spotify through the IOS Gear fit app. Happy days. 🙂

Hey chikala, I'm in Aus too and am working with an iPhone 7. What steps did you go through to load Spotify onto your gear fit 2? There's no option for me to update software on the gear fit 2 app.

Hey
I updated the firmware of the watch first from the watch.
Settings --> Gear Info --> Update Gear Software
Once this was done I then went into the gear app on the iPhone and loaded
Spotify through there.
It’s done once you are connected to the watch through the Gear App
Settings-->Samsung Galaxy Apps --> (Find Spotify App here)
Hope this helps.

For some reason my app won't bring up Spotify when I search for it. Do you have "Samsung Gear" or "Samsung Gear Fit" app on your phone? I have the latter and It's really puzzling me. Thanks chikala

Hi
Did you update the firmware of the watch? Mine is version: R360XXU1DQJ3
Before this update I was not able to load Spotify via the Gear Fit App.

Holy mother of Merlin's beard! Chikala, you are a deadset legend! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Suggested posts