Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Local Files - Skipping Song Early

Several songs on my mobile phone which are local files from my desktop end mid way through the song. These songs play perfectly fine on my desktop. I,ve tried re-downloading them but I have had no luck.PlanPremiumCountryNew Zealand DeviceSamsung J5

• Several songs on my mobile phone which are local files from my desktop end mid way through the song.  These songs play perfectly fine on my desktop. I,ve tried re-downloading them but I have ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When I edit a Local Filea song, my iPhone keeps the same length of the original

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePC, iPhoneOperating SystemWin 10, iOS 12.2 My Question or IssueI usually edit my local files songs, but each time I do and try downloading them on my iPhone, the length is still the same as the original? So e.g. one songs tr...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device PC, iPhone Operating System Win 10, iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue I usually edit my local files songs, but each time I do and try downloading them on m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay does not work

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceOneplus 5T and Web player on Google ChromeOperating SystemAndroid 9.0.2 and Windows 10 My Question or IssueThe autoplay feature in the app does not seem to work. I tried,- enabling/disabling the autoplay option in settin...

•   Plan Premium Country Canada Device Oneplus 5T and Web player on Google Chrome Operating System Android 9.0.2 and Windows 10   My Question or Issue The autoplay feature in the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New Android update

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung A8Operating SystemPie 9.0 My Question or IssueAfter the new android update I did today, the media controls for spotify will not work on the lock screen. I have searched for a fix, but everthing i've tried has not...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung A8 Operating System Pie 9.0   My Question or Issue After the new android update I did today, the media controls for spotify will not work on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Library has disappeared from my Windows desktop

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUSADeviceDell Inspiron 15Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy library is on my iPhone, but it has disappeared from the menu on my Windows desktop. The Your Library option is gone from the menu. How do iget Your L...

•   Plan Family Premium Country USA Device Dell Inspiron 15 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My library is on my iPhone, but it has disappeared from the menu on m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android and my car

Family Plan/USA/Samsung Galaxy 10/ Android My Question or Issue:I have been listening to spotify just fine woth my new phone and my car. The other day I got out of my car with phone in hand for 2 minutes (have no idea if i pressed anything), got back...

• Family Plan/USA/Samsung Galaxy 10/ Android   My Question or Issue: I have been listening to spotify just fine woth my new phone and my car. The other day I got out of my car with phone in han...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Need the Replay, shuffle and queue songs buttons back

I use an s10 and without a replay button it makes Replaying my favourite song so hard. So spotify please add this in the next update. Us android users find it really hard to listen to our favorite tracks again and again really hard. Thank you.Sam.

• Casual Listener
  •   I use an s10 and without a replay button it makes Replaying my favourite song so hard. So spotify please add this in the next update. Us android users find it really hard to listen to our fav...
  • Sam__17__
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to return to the old interface?

Hi.I have the premium plan, and spotify's interface has recently changed. When you go to an artist's page via library, it will open as if you searched him, and you can't see your saved song and albums. say I want to listen on shuflle to all my saved ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have the premium plan, and spotify's interface has recently changed. When you go to an artist's page via library, it will open as if you searched him, and you can't see your saved song and alb...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Update new version

My Spotify updated to a new version and i can't access to all of my titles. This new version is horrible. I cannot listen to shuffle songs. I am prenium since many years but i think switch to Google music if i cant go back tout the previous version. ...

• My Spotify updated to a new version and i can't access to all of my titles. This new version is horrible. I cannot listen to shuffle songs. I am prenium since many years but i think switch to Google ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Huawei p smart

PlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceHuawei p smart 2019 My Question or Issue I have change my phone a couple of weeks ago, and after i opened spotify i notice that is really really slow, it took ages to search anything on the app or to listen some music. W...

• Plan Premium Country Italy   Device Huawei p smart 2019   My Question or Issue   I have change my phone a couple of weeks ago, and after i opened spotify i notice that is rea...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Where is my library? What am I missing here people?

Hi all,Really getting ready to drop Spotify sadly... I have a Samsung Android J3, new mid 2018, running the $9.99 Premium in the US...My Question or IssueAll of a sudden spotify mobile app on the J3 is requesting I login and login screen wording is i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, Really getting ready to drop Spotify sadly...   I have a Samsung Android J3, new mid 2018, running the $9.99 Premium in the US... My Question or Issue All of a sudden spotify mobile...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing displayed on artist page

PlanPremium DeviceHuawei P7Operating SystemAndroid 4.4.2 My Question or IssueTo clarify, I am referring to the page where all saved albums and songs end up / offline artist page. Nav: library/artists/[artist]When navigating to an artist I am followin...

• Plan Premium   Device Huawei P7 Operating System Android 4.4.2   My Question or Issue To clarify, I am referring to the page where all saved albums and songs end up / offline artis...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android 4.4.2
    artist page
    Mobile
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Non-shuffle playlists on Spotify Free play in shuffle anyway

PlanFreeCountryUKOperating System Android PieMy Question or Issue Playlists without the blue shuffle icon allow me to select specific songs to play, which is expected. However, after a song finishes in one of these playlists, the next song played isn...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country UK Operating System  Android Pie My Question or Issue  Playlists without the blue shuffle icon allow me to select specific songs to play, which is expected. However...
  • speedstyle
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
    Playlists
    Shuffle Function
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecasts Only Sometimes Show Up on Device List

For years now, my Spotify app will only sometimes show the Chromecasts on my network in the device list. My Sonos speakers, on the other hand, are ALWAYS available in the device list. My multiple Chromecasts of varying generations, as well as my mult...

• Casual Listener
  • For years now, my Spotify app will only sometimes show the Chromecasts on my network in the device list.  My Sonos speakers, on the other hand, are ALWAYS available in the device list.  ...
  • Xanderzdad
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded songs lost rebooting the phone

PlanPremiumDeviceLenovo K5 PlayOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0My Question or IssueIf I reboot my phone with offline mode activated, Spotify get stuck in the login screen. The only way to login is clearing data from Spotify, but this also clears my down...

• Plan Premium Device Lenovo K5 Play Operating System Android 8.0.0 My Question or Issue If I reboot my phone with offline mode activated, Spotify get stuck in the login screen. The only way to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it intented that Spotify app does not respect keyevent "KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS"?

DeviceOnePlus 5tOperating SystemAndroid Pie(9.0) My Question or IssueSo I stumbled upon an issue that Spotify does not go to start of track or previous track like one would expect, when KeyEvent "KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS" is dispatched via AudioManager...

• Casual Listener
  • Device OnePlus 5t Operating System Android Pie(9.0)   My Question or Issue So I stumbled upon an issue that Spotify does not go to start of track or previous track like one would expect, w...
  • JoniKS
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

After two songs, the third won't start

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceHonor 7xOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueAs the title says, usually after two songs in a row the third won't start, even if I play repeatedly the "play" button. Sometimes it starts but suddenly stopped aft...

• Plan Premium Country Italy Device Honor 7x Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue As the title says, usually after two songs in a row the third won't start, even if ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing works... But your competitor's app does.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceLG ThinQOperating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or IssueFor the last week or so, the app on my phone has been very unstable. It crashes, it comes back, crashes again. It crashes on it's own, when it's connected via Bluetoo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device LG ThinQ Operating System Android 8.0     My Question or Issue For the last week or so, the app on my phone has been very unstable.  ...
  • FamousHerself
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • crashing
    LG thinQ
    Unstable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueMy music stops playing after a few songs or when the phone goes to sleep.

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue My music stops playing after a few songs or when the phone goes to sleep.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad overlay just blocking screen

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceHuawei Honor 6XOperating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueWhen I'm listening to a podcast, after it's done, I hit the back button on my phone. It goes back to whatever screen I was on before, but there is an ad overlay wit...

• Plan Free Country US Device Huawei Honor 6X Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue When I'm listening to a podcast, after it's done, I hit the back button on my phone. It ...
  • Alanoe
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes