Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

Solved!

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

The Samsung Gear Fit 2 was released 2 weeks ago. All reviews said/showed that it would contain a native spotify app. I´m trying to find that app - but no luck!

Can it be that Spotify only releases it into the US samsung Galaxy apps store? I live in Europe and that might explain it. I wodner if anyone can confirm that this is the case!?

219 Replies

Yeah, let's hope so! I'll write in this thread if I get any new information.

As you say offline support is really a win-win for both companies. I'm really happy with my Fit2 but wow how much better it would get with offline support since it's a lot more comfortable to just bring the Fit2 (and a Bluetooth hands-free) when taking a walk or a run.

The German Spotify Support just told me that the App is already available and I myself should contact Samsung to let them fix this "issue".

I'm just disappointed in the quality of the Spotify support. Not only did they not acknowledge that the app doesn't exist outside of the US yet, they even told me that I should contact Samsung. Why should I do that as a customer? If they really submitted the app for other countries already then Spotify should contact Samsung, not me.

Spotify Gear Fit 2.png

I heard that it got taken away in the US as well due to errors, and that
it'll "come back soon"...

Thanks kungensbror, that explains why I can't even download the Spotify App via US VPN.

Is there an update on this? When I first used the fit 2 the native music app controlled Spotify. Now it doesnt seem to work at all?

Can't wait for this. Spotify has become my default way of listening to music.

@dosterc. That's strange! Mine still work!

Mine is now working to play or skip songs. Very strange. Dedicated app still needed to take advantage of my subscription service and alow offline music

Are you guys in the States? I don't have Spotify in the Gear app store (I'm in the Netherlands).

Not available in Australia. 

Thanks guys. Wondered what was going on. Samsung person just redirected me to the AUSTRALIAN samsung website.

So it's been another month, nothing changed, no availibility yet worldwide.

@simonreis wrote:
Hello again!

So Spotify got back to me and said they will try to figure out when the app will be available in Sweden. They also said it'll have support offline playlists which is real sweet! 🙂

Any update to share?

Not available in Canada. They advertise it as being on boarded but it's not even in the Gearstore. Come on Spotify and Samsung!

Same thing here in Brazil, really disappointing... Spotify connectivity males this the best fitness band on the market, but its fake advertising it seems

Hello Wiidesire,

Sorry for taking some time to reply. I wish I had any new information but I haven't heard from Spotify. I'll mail them again to see if there's any news. Samsung made a big thing of that it's possible to stream Spotify from the Gear S3 when they presented that watch the other day soon maybe Spotify will re-release a app for both that watch and the Fit2. Hopefully in the very near future. I'll write in this thread if I hear anything new from Spotify.

Hi,

when is the app planned to be rolled out in the indinesian samsung shop? Can't wait for it to be released.

Best,

P.

I was finally able to install the Spotify App on my Gear Fit 2 with a workaround. Version 0.2.0 from Jun 15, 2016.

It works beautifully in Germany. I can even control other devices 🙂

Somebody interested in a Tutorial?

Yes!! 🙂

Interesting! Does it support offline playlists?

So Spotify got back to me after emailing them again to see if there's been any progress. They can't say how far they're in the project with the Fit2 but they're working hard to get everything to work. Even though it takes time I must say it still sounds promising, especially since they've confirmed that it'll support offline playlists.

I also asked if there's any news on the Gear S3 and Spotify. They said they don't have any news regarding the S3.

Suggested posts