Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app says "0 tracks" in my large playlist when it has 1546 on desktop, help please...

Solved!

Spotify app says "0 tracks" in my large playlist when it has 1546 on desktop, help please...

Hello.

Spotify on my HTC One X shows the songs that are in my small playlist (131) ,but it says "0 tracks" to my large playlist (1546 tracks). 

This is a recent problem as I've had 2500 songs downloaded to my phone some weeks ago.

Then this problem occurred where Spotify wouldn't update that playlist properly. 

So i reinstalled the app yesterday and now it won't show any tracks on my large playlist. It works fine on desktop. 

I have also tried reinstalling the desktop app and logging in and out of the Spotify android app and deleting the cache and data and

all that before trying a reinstall.

I hope someone can help as this has become quite an annoyance.

Regards

Andreas T.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm using 0.9.1.57.ge7405149. 

I 'seem' to have gotten it to work now. I saw somewhere else that I should create new playlists with a maximum of 331 songs, so I split the big playlist up into smaller ones, and voila, all of a sudden it seems to work now on my Nexus 4. When I say 'seem' I mean having my playlist in offline version and turned off the wi-fi. I also had a song paused, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I was going to suggest that next but I thought the large playlist bug had been fixed in the latest desktop client - obviously not 😞

You can Have the songs in one large playlist by the way but only move 330 tracks into it at a time 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I'm having the exact same problem too. My playlists on my phone just say "loading". 

I'm also having this problem on my Nexus 4. I've got a playlist with 1425 tracks, and some other 'smaller' playlists with songs shared in both playlists. However, the big playlist doesn't list any songs, while the smaller playlist has them.

What desktop client version are you using?

@Dashiva wrote:

I'm also having this problem on my Nexus 4. I've got a playlist with 1425 tracks, and some other 'smaller' playlists with songs shared in both playlists. However, the big playlist doesn't list any songs, while the smaller playlist has them.

Marked as solution

I'm using 0.9.1.57.ge7405149. 

I 'seem' to have gotten it to work now. I saw somewhere else that I should create new playlists with a maximum of 331 songs, so I split the big playlist up into smaller ones, and voila, all of a sudden it seems to work now on my Nexus 4. When I say 'seem' I mean having my playlist in offline version and turned off the wi-fi. I also had a song paused, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Marked as solution

I was going to suggest that next but I thought the large playlist bug had been fixed in the latest desktop client - obviously not 😞

You can Have the songs in one large playlist by the way but only move 330 tracks into it at a time 🙂

Just got home from work and it worked all the way!

Thanks a lot for the help, much appreciated!

My pleasure 🙂

Suggested posts