Spotify app stays stuck on the login screen

Solved!

Spotify app stays stuck on the login screen

Plan

Premium

Country

US

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to log in on my phone, but for whatever reason, it stays stuck on the login screen. It doesn't matter what button on the screen that I press, it doesn't do anything. I've tried reinstalling the app several times, but I still have the same problem.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @jinjoe

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @jinjoe

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I'm having same problem, and tried all the things Ivan wrote, but it still doesn't work. What should i do?

For some reason, it seems to be working now. I think doing a  clean reinstall probably helped.

I have tried all that you have asked. I had to log out of my account and it logged me out of all my sign ins, my smart tv etc. I can log back in to Spotify on my smart tv etc but no the app on my android phone which just freezes at the log.

I have unistalled, deleted the com.spotify.music file from my internal storage. Granted it all the permissions, deleted the cache and storage. Installed an older version, stll not working. Updated it via Play Store to the latest and nothing. Rebooted my phone serveral times. It was working perfectly earlier, just that i logged out.  I use the app on my phone to listen to it more that any other device. Why is this a common issue if you log out that this happens when trying to log back in again?

I am at my wits end now. What else needs to be done to get this resolved?

Hey @WARRENCOAKLEY,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the troubleshooting steps you've tried.

Could you also try logging in with a different account on your phone? Does this work?

We'd also need the brand/model and operating system of the affected device and if possible for you to try logging in with your main account on another phone. This way we will rule out account related issues.

Have you also tried switching the network connection of your phone, e.g. from mobile data to WiFi or vice versa? How about a different WiFi?

If that's not much to ask, could you also prepare a small video recording of the issue's occurrence, so we can have a better look?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am having the exact same issue. I've trouble shoot with Spotify support to no avail.

Hey @Jessanym,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We understand you've done some troubleshooting on your end, but can you list what has been done exactly ? Could you also send us more details about your device's OS and model, plus the version of Spotify, where this happens for you?  This is important context info that if provided from the start will help us orient faster and provide you with a better advice.

Another worthwhile thing is to perform a clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal install process (has few extra steps in the linked article) and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. See if this shakes things up and makes your app work as expected.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having similar issue with my xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro - android 10

The app stucks on the logo screen (not even the login screen) after logging out and no matter how many uninstalls and clean uninstalls I've done.. there's no change

Hey @Maayanino,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Do you have an SD card inserted in your phone? If so, remove it and try again with a clean reinstall.

It's also important to check the permissions for Spotify to run on your device. You can find more info on that on this page

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I appreciate you taking the time to respond

Unfortunately, I have tried all that you have asked, but it still doesn't work 😕

Hey @Maayanino,

Thanks for the reply.

It's important for us to know if there is an SD card inserted in your phone, because this may lead to some errors from time to time.

On another note, are you using the Spotify app installed from the Google Play store?

Does the web player work on the phone?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi again, 

I have no SD card 

I have installed spotify from google play store and the web player does work on my phone

Hey @Maayanino,

Thanks for the reply and the troubleshooting you've tried so far.

Out tech team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating the causes of it. You can find out more about that in this thread.

In the meantime we advise you to keep the app updated so you don't miss out on a potential fix.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts