Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app stops playing on Huawei P10 when streaming to receiver

Spotify app stops playing on Huawei P10 when streaming to receiver

Hi all,

I searched the forum and internet and I know there are many topics like this, but unfortunately it didn't solve my issue.

Spotify app on android stops playing after some songs, sometimes 2 songs, sometimes 10 songs when I stream to my receiver on spotify connect or chromecast. When I then switch from spotify connect ot my phone speaker it starts playing again, but switching back to audio streaming device doesnt work. Just after a while it just starts playing again.

I already switched of all battery saving setting for the spotify app, reinstalling the app on both phones, but nothing helps. Only thing I didn't try is to keep my screen on all the time, but that isnt the desired solution anyway. The app should just keep streaming right?

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening and how to solve??

Thanks a million!

Erwin

5 Replies

@erwin1975 wrote:

Hi all,

I searched the forum and internet and I know there are many topics like this, but unfortunately it didn't solve my issue.

Spotify app on android stops playing after some songs, sometimes 2 songs, sometimes 10 songs when I stream to my receiver on spotify connect or chromecast. When I then switch from spotify connect ot my phone speaker it starts playing again, but switching back to audio streaming device doesnt work. Just after a while it just starts playing again.

I already switched of all battery saving setting for the spotify app, reinstalling the app on both phones, but nothing helps. Only thing I didn't try is to keep my screen on all the time, but that isnt the desired solution anyway. The app should just keep streaming right?

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening and how to solve??

Thanks a million!

Erwin

Hi Erwin,

Unfortunately, I am not farmiliar with your P10 & Comcast. However, I do have a Roku box, and a Samsung TV. I use my Samsung S4, S6, & S9+ to stream to both my Roku and directly to my TV. The most common problem when streaming from one device to another is bitrate. If your streaming quality is on the highest quality, change it to standard on Spotify. It should take care of your problem.

Ok thanks, the setting was on automatic, I changed it to normal. Let see what happens.... Will test it asap!

Hi, I tested it but unfortunately no success. The app still stops playing after a few songs.

Has anybody an idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

Erwin 

I've had this issue for weeks it is driving me soft.  Today I look for an alternative to Spotify family.

@erwin1975& @kayakmangalway

Hmm.. I'm sorry you guys are still having issues. There's got to be a simple explanation we haven't thought of yet. Have you guys checked your firewall? There is a couple of additional things I suggest you check out. I don't want to assume you guys have a standard set-up. Make sure your firewall knows that Spotify needs FULL access (or set to allways). Second, it wouldn't hurt to find your phones IP address and make sure it is added to your Firewall. Also, add any additional devices such as your TV, Roku, Chrome Sticks, etc. Just to be clear, when I say Firewall, I mean via software, Norton's Firewall, or Mcaffe. You should not have to do anything with your router, as the password you entire is it's authentication. However I DO recommend that you check to see what type of security you're using on your router. Believe it or not, I've discovered some devices that are not fully compatible with WPA2 PSK (which is the highest encryption method). You might have to change it to a lower encryption, or just to see whether it will work or not.

Also, check any security software you may have installed on your phone that could prevent the transmition of data.

If all else fails, you're going to have no other choice but to uninstall and reinstall a fresh new copy of Spotify.

Suggested posts