Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app stuck when clicking on the 3 white dots

Spotify app stuck when clicking on the 3 white dots

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

Doogee S40

Operating System

Android 9.0

My Question or Issue

Hello, everytime when I try to click on the 3 white dots, either the song ones or the playlist ones my Spotify App gets stuck. I tried a clean install, removing my sd card, reinstalling and reloging in multiple times but nothing works. I can play all the songs but I can't add any since I can't open the options of the song or playlist. Thank you for your help.

3 Replies

Hey @Odyssea6,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Just to confirm, does this happen with every song/playlist that you click the three-dot menu on?

If so, could you try logging into another account on your device and see if that changes anything?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Hi,

I have same phone, same problem.

After nearly 2 hours on the webchat I am told the issue is known, is Spotify, is being dealt with, they will contact me. That was a month ago.

I am paying for premium and can no longer add any sings to playlist.

With the web support people we did the following until they finally fessed up and confirmed is known Spotify issue with doogee phones...

Uninstall, reinstall, clear cache, turn phone on and off, Chech is( android 9 pie), check antivirus, check account settings, log out and log in using support account, nearly 2 hours of messing about before they asked senior support and then we're told was known issue, is being dealt with, will get back to me.

Well not one at Spotify did ever get back to me, and the issue continues. I am really annoyed, I have premium, still no support.

I checked Spotify before buying my new phone to check compatibility, it meets all stated comparability criterea.

Nowhere does it say Spotify cannot deal with doogee phones, NOWHERE!

I post this only to warn others, hopefully this will come up on a Google search before anyone with a rugged phone pays for Spotify premium!👿

Don't expect anyone from support to ever get back to you.

I have to have a rugged phone as I am disabled, my last one worked, until OS was too old, so got new one, and Spotify cannot deal with it, they know this, they tell no one, they make you jump through hoops for ages, for a KNOWN FAULT of theirs!

Same problem with another Chinese brand phone, an umidigi. 

Suggested posts