Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums are repeated in artist page

Videohttps://photos.app.goo.gl/NqK88vTqieHvNthB8 PlanPremiumCountryJordanDeviceOnePlus 5TOperating SystemAndroid 9 (OxygenOS 9.0.9)

• Video https://photos.app.goo.gl/NqK88vTqieHvNthB8   Plan Premium Country Jordan Device OnePlus 5T Operating System Android 9 (OxygenOS 9.0.9)  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Specific song are completely distorted when I download them

DeviceSony Xperia E5Operating SystemAndroid 6.0 Marshmallow My Question or IssueSo I'm having the weirdest issue with Spotify on my phone. Everything used to work perfectly fine up until a few days ago, when I noticed that some tracks in my downloade...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Sony Xperia E5 Operating System Android 6.0 Marshmallow   My Question or Issue So I'm having the weirdest issue with Spotify on my phone. Everything used to work perfectly fine up u...
  • Conny123
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

when my phone connect with my car it doest play automaticly

PlanPremiumCountrynederlandDeviceoneplus 7t pro mclaren Operating Systemandroid 10 My Question or IssueI had at first a samsung s8 and when it connected to my car and i wanted to play music i touched the screen and it played music from the spotify ap...

•   Plan Premium Country nederland Device oneplus 7t pro mclaren  Operating System android 10   My Question or Issue I had at first a samsung s8 and when it connected to my ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Latest update breaks playlist ordering

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePixel 2Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueThe latet app update totally breaks any playlist ordering that existed prior to the update. I had all of my playlists sorted alphabetically (which is still the case on the d...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Pixel 2 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue The latet app update totally breaks any playlist ordering that existed prior to the update. ...
  • channesw
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    playlist sorting
    Playlists
    sorting
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Connect with Alexa doesn't work after minimizing the Spotify app

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have an Alexa hooked up to speakers in my living room, which I use to play music with Spotify connect. Using my phone to change the music works until I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I have an Alexa hooked up to speakers in my living room, which I use to play ...
  • trewghil
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeps downloading songs even though I delete them

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceLG G7 ThinQOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have deleted the songs and albums multiple times but the app keeps re-liking and re-downloading them. I have removed every liked artist, album, and song to ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device LG G7 ThinQ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I have deleted the songs and albums multiple times but the app keeps re-liking and...
  • BrandyBeans
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

lyrics not showing

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesia DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.0 My Question or IssueI see that a new feature of lyrics has been added to Spotify but I can't see any lyrics on it. How do I fix this? By the way, thank you SOO m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia   Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Operating System Android Oreo 8.0   My Question or Issue I see that a new feature of lyrics has been added to Spoti...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops and starts during playing.

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceSamsung s8 and samsung s10Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueThe music stops and starts, and stop en starts, during playing music while the phone is not aktive in use. If i hold the phone and use it, it pla...

•   Plan Premium Country Norway Device Samsung s8 and samsung s10 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue The music stops and starts, and stop en starts, during p...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Latest Android update (8 Nov 2019) causing phone to crash and downloads disappear.

Plan Premium DeviceMoto G6 Operating SystemAndroid 9 IssueSince the last update (8th November 2019) when regularly using Spotify my phone has randomly crashed. Upon restarting all downloads are gone and Spotify will try an re-download. I am using an ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium   Device Moto G6   Operating System Android 9   Issue Since the last update (8th November 2019) when regularly using Spotify my phone has randomly crashed....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to stop following playlist

PlanPremiumCountryTaiwanDevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 10My Question or Issuesince i clicked a song of the playlistit force me to follow and download the playlisteverytime when i try to stop following the playlist and delete these downloaded so...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Taiwan Device Pixel 3 Operating System Android 10 My Question or Issue since i clicked a song of the playlist it force me to follow and download the playlist ever...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist incomplete on android app

PlanFreeCountryRomania DeviceSamsung S7Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My IssueI have subscribed to a podcast 2 months ago. I have had access to all episodes for the last 2 months. Yesterday I noticed that I can only see a few episodes from the last we...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Romania   Device Samsung S7 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Issue I have subscribed to a podcast 2 months ago. I have had access to all episodes for the las...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Network connection to "Available Devices" not working after latest update

Plan PremiumCountry Canada DeviceLG G6, LG G5, Nexus 7 (2013) and windows desktopOperating SystemLG G6 Android 8.0.0, LG G5 Android 6.0, Nexus 7 Android 6.0.1, Desktop Windows 10 My Question or Issue After the most recent Spotify update this past wee...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device LG G6, LG G5, Nexus 7 (2013) and windows desktop Operating System LG G6 Android 8.0.0, LG G5 Android 6.0, Nexus 7 Android 6.0.1, Desktop Windows 10 &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify volume lowers when opening other apps

PlanPremiumCountryUnited statesDeviceSamsung galaxy note 10+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSo on Spotify on my phone when I open any other apps the volume lowers even though I have sound muted for other apps and it's actually very frustr...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country United states Device Samsung galaxy note 10+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue So on Spotify on my phone when I open any other apps the volum...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify mobile mutes after two or three songs

Hi! I'm using Spotify premium in offline mode on android 4.0.4. After playing two or three songs spotify keeps on playing the current song but mutes. When I pause the song and continue it, the sound comes back. I tried also playing songs in online mo...

• Regular
  • Hi!   I'm using Spotify premium in offline mode on android 4.0.4. After playing two or three songs spotify keeps on playing the current song but mutes. When I pause the song and continue it,...
  • CindyinTN
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes

CANT CONNECT WITH FACEBOOK ACOUNT

I have my spotify account with my current email, and I have my FACEBOOK account with an email account that I used before. However, when I try to connect FACEBOOK in the spotify app, an error occurs and does not connect.I appreciate your help.PlanPrem...

• Visitor
  • I have my spotify account with my current email, and I have my FACEBOOK account with an email account that I used before. However, when I try to connect FACEBOOK in the spotify app, an error occurs a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is very slow

Hello everyone. Spotify is very slow on my Samsung Galaxy S8. Opening settings takes longer than 1 minute. Opening my playlists takes more than 30 seconds. Opening a song also takes longer than 30 seconds. If I close Spotify, it will continue to play...

• Hello everyone. Spotify is very slow on my Samsung Galaxy S8. Opening settings takes longer than 1 minute. Opening my playlists takes more than 30 seconds. Opening a song also takes longer than 30 se...
  • roslagsfredrik
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Player UI issue with Storyline and Quick Reply

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceOnePlus 3TOperating SystemAndroid 9Spotify Version8.5.31.676 IssueStoryline is pushed over the player controls. Reopening the player fixes the issue.The heads-up notification present in the screenshot is not relevant; Q...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device OnePlus 3T Operating System Android 9 Spotify Version 8.5.31.676   Issue Storyline is pushed over the player controls. Reopening the player fixes ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution liked songs (list downloaded)update automaticaly when a song is unliked?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Devicegalaxy s10, pcOperating Systemwindows 10 , My Question or IssueIf a list of `liked songs` is downloaded, will it update automaticaly and remove/delete a song when a song is simply unliked?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device galaxy s10, pc Operating System windows 10 ,   My Question or Issue If a list of `liked songs` is downloaded, will it update automaticaly and re...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading Times on Android

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid version 9 My Question or IssueWhenever I attempt to load up a page, either for an album, playlist, or artist, it takes around 3-5 minutes to load. The is quite annoying, especial...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android version 9   My Question or Issue Whenever I attempt to load up a page, either for an album, playlist, or ...
  • xixi743
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify is offline and the problem won't solve

PlanPremiumCountryFINDeviceOnePlus 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10, Oxygen OS 10 My Question or IssueSpotify is offline and won't stay online for more than 5-20 minutes at a time after I reinstall it. I've restarted it, deleted cache, reinstalled it,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country FIN Device OnePlus 7 Pro Operating System Android 10, Oxygen OS 10   My Question or Issue Spotify is offline and won't stay online for more than 5-20 minutes at a ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes