Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify mobile mutes after two or three songs

Hi! I'm using Spotify premium in offline mode on android 4.0.4. After playing two or three songs spotify keeps on playing the current song but mutes. When I pause the song and continue it, the sound comes back. I tried also playing songs in online mo...

• Regular
  • Hi!   I'm using Spotify premium in offline mode on android 4.0.4. After playing two or three songs spotify keeps on playing the current song but mutes. When I pause the song and continue it,...
  • CindyinTN
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes

CANT CONNECT WITH FACEBOOK ACOUNT

I have my spotify account with my current email, and I have my FACEBOOK account with an email account that I used before. However, when I try to connect FACEBOOK in the spotify app, an error occurs and does not connect.I appreciate your help.PlanPrem...

• Visitor
  • I have my spotify account with my current email, and I have my FACEBOOK account with an email account that I used before. However, when I try to connect FACEBOOK in the spotify app, an error occurs a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is very slow

Hello everyone. Spotify is very slow on my Samsung Galaxy S8. Opening settings takes longer than 1 minute. Opening my playlists takes more than 30 seconds. Opening a song also takes longer than 30 seconds. If I close Spotify, it will continue to play...

• Hello everyone. Spotify is very slow on my Samsung Galaxy S8. Opening settings takes longer than 1 minute. Opening my playlists takes more than 30 seconds. Opening a song also takes longer than 30 se...
  • roslagsfredrik
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Player UI issue with Storyline and Quick Reply

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceOnePlus 3TOperating SystemAndroid 9Spotify Version8.5.31.676 IssueStoryline is pushed over the player controls. Reopening the player fixes the issue.The heads-up notification present in the screenshot is not relevant; Q...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device OnePlus 3T Operating System Android 9 Spotify Version 8.5.31.676   Issue Storyline is pushed over the player controls. Reopening the player fixes ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution liked songs (list downloaded)update automaticaly when a song is unliked?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Devicegalaxy s10, pcOperating Systemwindows 10 , My Question or IssueIf a list of `liked songs` is downloaded, will it update automaticaly and remove/delete a song when a song is simply unliked?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device galaxy s10, pc Operating System windows 10 ,   My Question or Issue If a list of `liked songs` is downloaded, will it update automaticaly and re...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading Times on Android

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid version 9 My Question or IssueWhenever I attempt to load up a page, either for an album, playlist, or artist, it takes around 3-5 minutes to load. The is quite annoying, especial...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android version 9   My Question or Issue Whenever I attempt to load up a page, either for an album, playlist, or ...
  • xixi743
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify is offline and the problem won't solve

PlanPremiumCountryFINDeviceOnePlus 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10, Oxygen OS 10 My Question or IssueSpotify is offline and won't stay online for more than 5-20 minutes at a time after I reinstall it. I've restarted it, deleted cache, reinstalled it,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country FIN Device OnePlus 7 Pro Operating System Android 10, Oxygen OS 10   My Question or Issue Spotify is offline and won't stay online for more than 5-20 minutes at a ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

My phone app has stopped working

Premium PlanCountry - South Africa DeviceSamsung J7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHi thereMy phone app stopped working. It says I am offline.I was able to send a link to my email address to listen for a few hours. This stopped working to...

• Visitor
  • Premium Plan Country - South Africa   Device Samsung J7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hi there My phone app stopped working. It says I am offline. I was able to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chrome OS App is not a sufficient desktop app

PlanPremiumDeviceChromebookOperating SystemChrome OS The phone app is amazing, don't get me wrong, but the fact that the Chrome OS app is literally just the phone app on the computer is ridiculous. The app, although sufficient in its ability to play ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Chromebook Operating System Chrome OS   The phone app is amazing, don't get me wrong, but the fact that the Chrome OS app is literally just the phone app on the comput...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Clicking on song does not play

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePixel 2 XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueClicking on a song does not play the song but shows the button being pressed. only way to play songs is to add to queue and skip to that song. Tried restarting and re ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Pixel 2 XL Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Clicking on a song does not play the song but shows the button being pressed. only way to p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect, streaming from phone, cannot play album only single songs

PlanPremium FamilyCountryGermany DevicePixel 2Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue When streaming an album from my phone to a Spotify Connect speaker (Teufel Raumfeld One S 1st Gen), the same song repeats over and over. Sometimes it also s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family Country Germany   Device Pixel 2 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue   When streaming an album from my phone to a Spotify Connect sp...
  • thiemoe
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Adding multiple liked songs

There are playlists that I listen to that I'd like to add to my "Liked Songs" tab. I have not seen a way to add every song on the playlist to that tab, the only thing I can do is go though each song one by one and press the "<3" to add it to my Liked...

• Visitor
  • There are playlists that I listen to that I'd like to add to my "Liked Songs" tab. I have not seen a way to add every song on the playlist to that tab, the only thing I can do is go though each song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mobile] Auto play when the app starts

Hello,I'd like the Spotify app to automatically play music when the app starts (example: the playlist that was played the last time). How to enable this? (Even if I need to install a third-party app! I really need this feature :)) Thanks in advance. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'd like the Spotify app to automatically play music when the app starts (example: the playlist that was played the last time).   How to enable this?   (Even if I need to instal...
  • HelloYou782
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android] Long pressing or using three-dot menu hangs the app

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceXiaomi Redmi 6Operating SystemAndroid 9 with MIUI 10.4.4 My Question or IssueLong pressing any song/album/anything (or using the three dot icon) hangs the app.StepsOpen the appNavigate to any album or playlistClick the t...

Screenshot_2019-11-10-10-39-22-512_com.spotify.music.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Xiaomi Redmi 6 Operating System Android 9 with MIUI 10.4.4   My Question or Issue Long pressing any song/album/anything (or using the three dot icon)...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] Sprint Service Must Be Tested

Sprint service must be rigorously tested for ad videos and for the sake of sponsors' ROI. Is Sprint ripping off sponsors? It surely seems that way from what I've observed. Are they cutting off ads to play for a much shorter time than normal, or somet...

• Sprint service must be rigorously tested for ad videos and for the sake of sponsors' ROI. Is Sprint ripping off sponsors?  It surely seems that way from what I've observed. Are they cutting off ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Controls in notification tray no longer present

PlanPremiumDeviceNote 8My Question or IssueI used to be able to control Spotify from the pull down banner/notification tray, and it would also be on the lock screen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, as well as checking all permission...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device Note 8 My Question or Issue I used to be able to control Spotify from the pull down banner/notification tray, and it would also be on the lock screen. I've tried unin...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When casting, Spotify either fails to connect or plays on the phone AND the cast device

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUK DeviceSony Xperia XZ2Operating SystemAndroid 9 Hi,This is a recent issue.When casting from my phone (Sony Xperia XZ2 on Android 9) Spotify either fails to connect or if it does connect, it plays in teh phone as well as the...

•   Plan Premium Family Country UK   Device Sony Xperia XZ2 Operating System Android 9   Hi, This is a recent issue. When casting from my phone (Sony Xperia XZ2 on Android 9...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium doesn't update recent shortcuts on home screen (Nova Launcher Prime)

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceXiaomi Redmi 7AOperating SystemAndroid 9My Question or IssueOn Spotify Free I could create shortcuts on my home screen (screen 2) by long pressing the Spotify Icon (screen 1). After changing to Premium, the recent listen...

Screen 1.jpg Screen 2.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Xiaomi Redmi 7A Operating System Android 9 My Question or Issue On Spotify Free I could create shortcuts on my home screen (screen 2) by long pressing the ...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shortcut
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Songs deleted after reboot

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 with SD-CardOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueI just want to lonk on this thread because I think it got moved in Closed and I still have a problem and new Information to work with. https://...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S8 with SD-Card Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue I just want to lonk on this thread because I think it got moved in ...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes