Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app won't open on my Droid 2 Global

Spotify app won't open on my Droid 2 Global

I have a droid 2 global running android version 2.3.4. I have downloaded the spotify app, but everytime I try to open it, the phone does the animation of opening an application, but then goes right back to the previous screen (i.e. the home screen, app drawer, etc.). This is extremely frustrating. I have reverted to factory settings, uninstalled and reinstalled spotify, but to no avail. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Update:

I might also note that this is not the phone I use as my active phone. It is not connected to verizon's network. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I don't see why it wouldn't work just fine over wifi alone. Does the phone need to be active on the network for it to work?

1 Reply

Hi there,

shouldn't need to be active on the network (although there are several threads on these boards about wifi-only devices not being supported I don't think these are relevant to you as your device is 3g capable).

Try the preview beta release - download and install over your current installation and see if that works any better: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts