Get an empty info box when trying to listen to a tune

Solved!
Highlighted

Get an empty info box when trying to listen to a tune

I had my app working until two days ago. Now, every time I select a tune I get an empty Info dialog box with the only option to click OK. Then nothing happens and no music starts. Any suggestions?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Get an empty info box when trying to listen to a tune

Spotify Legend
Hello there,

I've just gone through and look at a number of your accounts here. It seems that you are currently all on the free, advert supported version of Spotify.

In order to use the full set of features on the mobile version of Spotify, you will need Spotify Premium. When you first log into Spotify on a mobile device, you will automatically get a 48 hour Spotify Premium trial - this is why you were previously able to play music.

You can find out a little more about the Spotify subscriptions right here - http://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/overview/
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Spotify Legend
AVVIT - I just looked into your account and it seems that your last payment failed to go through correctly - did you get a new card at all recently?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener
What a shame that you waste peoples time by not making things clear. I work in marketing - key rules: don't annoy customers, they wont come back. Never position your brand negatively. Always provide clear messages so that your customers are not mislead. From the number of discussions on this on this forum I would say your marketing and communication teams and your product planning team need a rethink! Goodbye Spotify!

30 Replies
Highlighted

I got the same thing and still trying to figure that out. 

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify
Hi there,

That's quite strange--anyway either of you could send us a screenshot so we can take a look?
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Screenshot_2012-04-02-15-14-37.png

Highlighted

Same problem with Android on GalaxyTab 10.1n

Highlighted

I am having this identical issue. I'm on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and have the free account. It worked earlier today and suddenly gave me this blank info box everytime I wanted to listen to any song.

Highlighted

Exactly the same issue with my two devices: Samsung Galaxy Nexus & Sony Tablet S1 

😞

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This happens on both my Samsung Galaxy Nexus and my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. 

Yet it works perfectly on my wife's Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  

Could it have anythinig to do with using the same account on two different devices?  

I've completely uninstalled and resinstalled on both devices.

Please help!!!!

Highlighted
Solution!

Spotify Legend
Hello there,

I've just gone through and look at a number of your accounts here. It seems that you are currently all on the free, advert supported version of Spotify.

In order to use the full set of features on the mobile version of Spotify, you will need Spotify Premium. When you first log into Spotify on a mobile device, you will automatically get a 48 hour Spotify Premium trial - this is why you were previously able to play music.

You can find out a little more about the Spotify subscriptions right here - http://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/overview/
Airhorn Enthusiast

Highlighted

Spotify Legend

The issue can often be the case if you're a free user.  Theoretically, you can be logged into the mobile version and view your playlists.  When you try to play a track, the lightbox comes up.

However, in the case of Heras8's screen shot, I think this might be that the local files aren't synced yet.  The tracks behind the screen don't look greyed out.  

I should also take this moment to admit that this isn't the most desireable user experience.  

@Heras8. Are the "RED Album" tracks local files? 

SUGGESTED POSTS