Announcements
It looks like all’s running smoothly again! Get more info over here.

Spotify constantly says im offline

Spotify constantly says im offline

Pinebrook
Regular
I've been using spotify for a while now and have almost never run into this problem. Everytime I try to use the Android app on my HTC desire 626, it says that I'm offline. However I can use every other app that need internet both on Wi-Fi and mobile data. I have run into this a few times in the past but it was fixed by restarting the app. Now however nothing seems to work. This is only when I can get into the app that is, most of the time when trying to log in I get the message like "we are experiencing difficulties, please try again later" I cab sometimes fix this by re-installing. To try and fix this though I have tried everything from switching to offline then back to resetting my phone. To no avail of course.
14 Replies

Re: Spotify constantly says im offline

Joe
Community Legend

Hi, have you tried a clean reinstall as described in this post?

Pinebrook
Regular
Yeah, just tried again actually but same old thing. Even cleared the data before I did but that didn't see to help.

Joe
Community Legend

You searched for and deleted the listed folders too?

What version of android are you using?

Pinebrook
Regular
Yeah deleted all folders. And running the latest version of Android.

Joe
Community Legend

settings/about device will show your android version. "Latest" doesn't mean much, especially with older phones.

Pinebrook
Regular
Software version is 2.27.651.6 am I wrong to think that it should have an actual name? Isn't that what Android does?

Joe
Community Legend

Nope, that's not it. It should say "Android version".

Pinebrook
Regular
Ah yeah of course, that was at midnight last night. Android version is 6.0.1

Joe
Community Legend

Heh, no worries. Are you using an external SD card? If so, please follow these steps.

1. Uninstall the app from your device by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure any of the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

/emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

3.Eject and physically remove the SD card.

4. Reboot your device
5. Using a web browser navigate to the 'Offline Devices' section of the Spotify account page and then click on the 'Remove all devices' button.
6. Once all the above steps are complete go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Google Play Store link).

See how spotify behaves without the SD card and let me know please.

SUGGESTED POSTS