Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify consumed about 10 GB without even being used

Spotify consumed about 10 GB without even being used

Plan: Premium

Mexico

Device: OnePlus 8

Operating System: Android 11

Last night Spotify consumed about 10 GB without even being used...

The phone was discharged, I plugged it in and turn it on... The next day in the morning I noticed I had a message from my carrier that I hadn't Gbs left. Some points to have in consideration: all my library was already downloaded before this issue; download on cellular data setting was off; music quality for the cellular streaming set is "normal". 
1) How it consumes that amount of data if I wasn't hearing music and there was no music remaining to download?

2) Even hearing music, with my settings, could it could take around 10 GB?!

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-26 at 7.07.07 AM.jpeg

1 Reply

Hi there @dangret,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We're really sorry to hear of the amount of data that was used, and we'd like to investigate and forward this to the right folks in an effort to prevent something like this happening again.

You mentioned that you've downloaded your content previously. Just to make sure, do you have the Download using cellular option toggled off in the app settings?

If so, we recommend reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can check if your account's cache is corrupted and further assist you with that.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts