Country

Sweden 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S5

Operating System

Android 6.0.1

My Question or Issue

Hi, 

I'm following these instructions to enter the "Storage" settings menu: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/How-to-store-offline-music-on-the-external-SD-card-on-andri...

However, after a few seconds on the menu, the app crashes. I've been able to access the menu before with no problems, however now it crashes. Even after I restart my phone. How can I fix this? 

Regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It looks like the problem has been fixed in version 8.5.71.723. Try to update it from Google Play Market.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Same here. I have the Lg Stylo 2 version 7.0

tried to change the storage that songs are downloaded and it crashes when i try to change it

Same issue with my Galaxy A5 Android 7.0 a few days ago. Any help To fix it? 

I have reinstalled spotify, cleaned the sd card To have more free space. But nothing changed. 

The same thing on Meizu 15 lite. Clearing cache and re-installing not solving problem. 

Android 7.1.3

Hi! I have the same issue with Spotify on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X. Tried another microSDHC card, but it doesn't resolve the problem.

Same here. I had been experiencing other problems (app crashes in artist page) and now this. I have tried flushing caché, reinstalling, allowing permissions, cleaning all data, etc. Nothing changes.

Android/alcatel

Same thing is happening to me. Anyone figure out a fix? I've done every suggestion  (permissions, restart phone,  remove/reinsert SD, clear data & uninstall/reinstall) and nothing works.  

Idem here. Moto e4, Android 7.1.1. Spotify, help please! App seems broken. 

Try downloading older versions worked for me

I have this same model of cell phone and I am having exactly these problems
Marked as solution

It looks like the problem has been fixed in version 8.5.71.723. Try to update it from Google Play Market.

Suggested posts