Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I view my hidden music?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI was listening to a radio for an album and heard a song I liked. Tried to add it to my playlist but some one thought it was a good idea to have the fir...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I was listening to a radio for an album and heard a song I liked. Tried to a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App notification controls disappear/time out with Spotify Connect & Sonos

I know a similar bug existed recently and was apparently resolved for normal use cases, but I still have this problem when using Spotify Connect to play to Sonos. If I don't use the Spotify app for ~10 minutes, all the notification controls go away (...

• I know a similar bug existed recently and was apparently resolved for normal use cases, but I still have this problem when using Spotify Connect to play to Sonos.  If I don't  use the Spoti...
  • hortonio
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 17 likes

Solved!! New 'Liked songs' playlist has added every song I've saved!

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMoto G5sOperating SystemAndroid Oreo The new update arrived a day or so ago and while I was pleased to see the 'Liked Songs' playlist - at last! - I was surprised that there were already almost 8,000 songs in it!It didn't ta...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Moto G5s Operating System Android Oreo   The new update arrived a day or so ago and while I was pleased to see the 'Liked Songs' playlist - at las...
  • SJDrury
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 19 likes

Equalizer Xiaomi - Bose QC35II

Hello everyone !I have a problem on my phone with spotify app , in the equalizer section the bass booster won't work correctly ! When the bass booster is off i got real bass in my headphone but when i enable this option bass are flat. It's like the b...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone ! I have a problem on my phone with spotify app , in the equalizer section the bass booster won't work correctly ! When the bass booster is off i got real bass in my headphone but whe...
  • ninjaper477474
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Equalizer
    MIUI11
    QC35II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Android - blank ads

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueApp keeps getting stuck on endless empty ads. Have to restart the app to resume. It's not every time, but about half of the ads do this. It's like there's a broken on...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Pixel 3 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue App keeps getting stuck on endless empty ads. Have to restart the app to resume. It's...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs Skipping on Samsung Galaxy S8

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 My Question or IssueOn my galaxy s8, every other song is skipped. It doesn't matter if it's in an album or playlist, they just refuse to play unless I specifically click on them. I use...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States of America Device Samsung Galaxy S8   My Question or Issue On my galaxy s8, every other song is skipped. It doesn't matter if it's  in an album o...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Ayuda! Daily mix no actualiza

Hola!Hace un mes aprox me desaparecieron daily mixes, y solo quedo una que no se actualiza y no refleja la música que escucho.Ya desinstalé e instalé la app, pero no pasó nada.Tengo android cuenta premiumAyuda! PlanPremiumCountryArgentina Device(Moto...

• Hola! Hace un mes aprox me desaparecieron daily mixes, y solo quedo una que no se actualiza y no refleja la música que escucho. Ya desinstalé e instalé la app, pero no pasó nada. Tengo android cue...
  • marta_pollo
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Daily Mixes
    dailymix
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle on even when I disable it on my Liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceSamsung S9Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 OreoMy Question or Issue I have shuffle disabled on my Liked Song playlist on all devices, but it seems that after a while listening to the songs, they play in a randomized way,even ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Samsung S9 Operating System Android 8.0 Oreo My Question or Issue   I have shuffle disabled on my Liked Song playlist on all devices, but it seems th...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Has the interface for the Fire TV app changed?

Since about two days ago, the app interface for Fire TV has changed. Now it looks like that of my iOS app, whereas previously the screen contained more thumbnails and more information. Is this change permanent? I actually prefer the previous interfac...

• Regular
  • Since about two days ago, the app interface for Fire TV has changed. Now it looks like that of my iOS app, whereas previously the screen contained more thumbnails and more information.   &...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • FireTV
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Auto rediscover playlists

How do I stop rediscover playlists appearing. I want to stop these altogether as it gets annoying trying to find my own playlist.

• Casual Listener
  • How do I stop rediscover playlists appearing.  I want to stop these altogether as it gets annoying trying to find my own playlist.
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App Crashes on Startup, Keeps showing crash message over and over afterwards

This started happening about a week ago after listening to some podcast. I then updated my phone to the newest official firmware version because mine was pretty outdated. Now that I updated my phone, the app crashes almost instantly all the time. I d...

• Music Fan
  • This started happening about a week ago after listening to some podcast. I then updated my phone to the newest official firmware version because mine was pretty outdated. Now that I updated my phone,...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    recurring
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile won't connect with Tinder

Hi there, I have a Huawei Pro Mate 9 that won't connect with Tinder. My Spotify playlist and top artists connected to Tinder a month ago but after I deleted my (Tinder) account and reinstalled it seems to have disappeared from the dating app. There's...

• Hi there,  I have a Huawei Pro Mate 9 that won't connect with Tinder. My Spotify playlist and top artists connected to Tinder a month ago but after I deleted my (Tinder) account and reinstalled...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Playlist Order is Completely Different from Desktop

I have an extensive set of playlists based on mood and function, I have organized the specifically on my Desktop app. But every time I use Spotify on my phone, the list is COMPLETELY OUT OF ORDER! I'm using caps because this is INSANE?! What the **bl...

• Roadie
  • I have an extensive set of playlists based on mood and function, I have organized the specifically on my Desktop app. But every time I use Spotify on my phone, the list is COMPLETELY OUT OF ORDER! I'...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • List Order
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Android and Apple.. Spotify stops playing on SONOS and Spotify Apps

PlanFree/PremiumCountryCanada Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhy does Spotify skip or stop playing on SONOS? I have reset system, reinstalled apps, ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Canada     Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android TV Spotify Application freezing issue

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceAndroid TV Sony KD-65XF7596 ( https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-65xf7596/specifications )Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueHi,I'm using my AndroidTV for a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Android TV Sony KD-65XF7596 ( https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-65xf7596/specifications ) Operat...
  • TINTINIUS
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • androidtv
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution I'm having trouble with the Queue. It's coming back to the song before the one I have added

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • queue
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hitting 'like' buttton in notification bar causes the whole app to crash

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceRedmi Note 8 ProOperating SystemAndroid 9 (PPR1.180610.011) / MIUI 11.0.3 (PGGEUXM)Spotify Version8.5.54.869 My Question or IssueThis issue is not solved at all... When pressing 'like' button in notification bar, Plane mo...

medium.gif
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Redmi Note 8 Pro Operating System Android 9 (PPR1.180610.011) / MIUI 11.0.3 (PGGEUXM) Spotify Version 8.5.54.869   My Question or Issue This issue i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Discover Weekly
    plane mode
    Release Radar
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sorry we can't improve our station right now

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceMI A2Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueEvery time I play radio of any genre and when I press like to improve station it will always says" sorry, we can't improve the station right now". It's been 6 months I ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country India Device MI A2 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Every time I play radio of any genre and when I press like to improve station it will always...
  • Sofia2173
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution why are some songs couldn't be played even in a premium account ?

PlanPremiumCountryHong KongDeviceSamsung Galaxy s10Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhy are some songs couldn't be play in my premium account (e.g. the IDOLiSH7 album)?Is it because they are Japanese songs? How can I listen to those songs?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device Samsung Galaxy s10 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Why are some songs couldn't be play in my premium account (e.g. the IDOLiSH7 al...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly stops playing while in offline mode

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy A50Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueSpotify randomly stops playing music and podcasts. This only happens when the device does not have an internet connection. This happens regardless whether Spotify set t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy A50 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Spotify randomly stops playing music and podcasts. This only happens when the device does not ha...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes