Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes on startup on Android since the last update.

Spotify crashes on startup on Android since the last update.

Plan

Premium

Country

DE

Device

Moto G4

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

I've read this from others already. Apparently a lot of people have the same issue. Whenever I start the spotify app it immediately crashes. I've reinstalled it twice, redownloading all my music. It then worked for one session. But when I tried using the app again after a few hours it would crash.

13 Replies

Samsung note 8, same problem

the app works fine if i didn't download my main playlist (i have my own music from local storage), this is the only playlist that i downloaded, there around 750 songs in it

after i download the playlist, it will crash when i closed the app and restart it

after i clear data, the app is working again, but need to re-login and all the downloaded music is gone

i've tried to download the playlist again, same issue happened, i'm guessing it's related to downloading the playlist/songs

this issue happended since 8 june 2018, i noticed there's an update to the spotify app a day before

I'm having the same exact problem, would love for there to be a fix, don't want to redownload all my local files!

Same problem for me its so annoying I don't know what can we do... 😕

I'm going to download an old APK to see if this fixes the problem. This could work 🙂

Anyone else had any luck doing this at all?

I got the exact same problem! This will be a nightmare tommrow when Im at work😣

I'm having the same problem after downloading one local playlist. Reinstall worked for one session. Galaxy S7.

Also having that problem. MotoX4. Worked once after full re-install and download. Now crashes on start 😕

Same, and it only does that went I download my synced local files from my laptop which is extra annoying as those are some of my favorites. 😐 (moto z force)

Same here.

After downloading local files to phone. application is hanging 

Only reinstalling helps but i cannot listen to favourite music then!!

Got the same problem. Galaxy S8+.

Same problem on my Samsung S8 Plus

Also having the same problem with my Galaxy S8. Reinstallation worked for a couple hours but it began crashing again. 

i've had to do that and i havent been able to resync my local files ever since

Suggested posts