Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! volumen bajo

necesito de su ayuda, en mi samsung galaxy s4 uso la app pero cuando reprodusco la musica noto que se reduce el volumen y lo tengo al maximo y lo comparo con el reproductor del telefono y este no tiene ese problema necesito saber como configurar spot...

• Visitor
  • necesito de su ayuda, en mi samsung galaxy s4 uso la app pero cuando reprodusco la musica noto que se reduce el volumen y lo tengo al maximo y lo comparo con el reproductor del telefono y este no tie...
  • onitora12
  • Casual Listener
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Another device

Why does it appear on my phone when I listen to Spotify on another device.?

• Casual Listener
  • Why does it appear on my phone when I listen to Spotify on another device.?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Download using cellular" doesn't work

So I've been having an issue with spotify for the past few months where after a period of time it will prompt me to download using cellular to download music. I have the option switched on in my settings and I have my cellular on as well, still it pr...

• So I've been having an issue with spotify for the past few months where after a period of time it will prompt me to download using cellular to download music. I have the option switched on in my sett...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music starts playing in the middle of the night.

Its bacically the same as in this post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/thread-id/31404/page/1 I was aslep and randomly a song i was lisening to about 18 hours or more ago (saturnz barz - gorillaz) ...

• Its bacically the same as in this post:  https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/thread-id/31404/page/1   I was aslep and randomly a song i w...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

android car bluetooth track info not updated

Hello, I use a Samsung S8+ with my car (Subaru WRX) via Spotify directly on by using Android Auto. The audio works and the first track info is OK, but the track info is stuck there, no updates are send to the car display ?!?!Tried with other music ap...

• Hello,   I use a Samsung S8+ with my car (Subaru WRX) via Spotify directly on by using Android Auto. The audio works and the first track info is OK, but the track info is stuck there, no updat...
  • Stuke
  • Regular
  • 22 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 7 likes

Playlist Name

Hi, In the past, when creating a new playlist with a whole album, the playlist name was pre-filed with -, that was great.Now the playlist name (when you click on ignore because you don't want to type one manually) is just Playlist with an incremental...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   In the past, when creating a new playlist with a whole album, the playlist name was pre-filed with <artiste>-<album name>, that was great. Now the playlist name (when you cl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't start

Hi people,I would very much appreciate some help in trying to get Spotify to work on my old Android device. It's a Sony walkman model nwz-f805 running on Android 4.0.4. I can't update it any further so updating the OS is not an option. I have Spotify...

• Hi people, I would very much appreciate some help in trying to get Spotify to work on my old Android device. It's a Sony walkman model nwz-f805 running on Android 4.0.4. I can't update it any f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast keeps cutting out

Hello all, I have a reasonable internet connection (100 mBit) and Spotify keeps cutting out every 30 seconds or so when casting to my Audio Chrome Cast from one of my Android phones. Any thoughts as to what I should be looking at to resolve this? I'm...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   I have a reasonable internet connection (100 mBit) and Spotify keeps cutting out every 30 seconds or so when casting to my Audio Chrome Cast from one of my Android phones. Any tho...
  • collinL1
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to follow artists

The artists I've followed disappear as if I've haven't followed, then I try to follow them again or even a new artist and the app doesn't let me so whenever I want to find an artist, I have to search for them every time since it doesn't appear on my ...

• The artists I've followed disappear as if I've haven't followed, then I try to follow them again or even a new artist and the app doesn't let me so whenever I want to find an artist, I have to search...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Optimal settings for Bluetooth using LDAC in Android Oreo

I've got sweet Bluetooth IEM headphones (H2 from RBH) that support the new Sony "LDAC" Bluetooth codec that's available in Android Oreo (well, it's "somewhat" available -- my Samsung Galaxy S9 has LDAC available but only in Developer Options, which i...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got sweet Bluetooth IEM headphones (H2 from RBH) that support the new Sony "LDAC" Bluetooth codec that's available in Android Oreo (well, it's "somewhat" available -- my Samsung Galaxy S9 has LD...
  • Moonflight
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Unable to play local files on mobile

I wanted to add new songs I downloaded into Spotify. While it can be played on the desktop app, I am unable to open nor download into my phone. I tried re-downloading rhe playlists that contains both existing and the new local files songs, but it did...

• Casual Listener
  • I wanted to add new songs I downloaded into Spotify. While it can be played on the desktop app, I am unable to open nor download into my phone.   I tried re-downloading rhe playlists that cont...
  • venhsu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tenho spotify Premium, alguns minutos após colocar no Bluetooth, seja no wi fi em casa ou usando me

Spoiler (Highlight to read)Tenho o spotify Premium no Samsung S8, e quando estou no bluetooth seja pelo Wifi em casa seja no carro usando meu pacote de dados ele simplesmente para de funcionar .já tirei meu cartão SD, já desinstalei limpei cache e na...

• Tenho o spotify Premium no Samsung S8, e quando estou no bluetooth  seja pelo Wifi em casa seja no carro usando meu pacote de dados ele simplesmente para de funcionar .já tirei meu cartão SD, já...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not get into spotify by my Samsung Galaxy J5

I can not get into spotify by my Samsung Galaxy J5, every time I try to enter it gets loaded and then says "We're in trouble, try again later." , what do I do ?

• I can not get into spotify by my Samsung Galaxy J5, every time I try to enter it gets loaded and then says "We're in trouble, try again later." , what do I do ?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log into the app AT ALL

Every time I try logging into the app it says the password or username is incorrect. Even when I did it with Facebook it instantly logged me out and said “either username or password is incorrect”.

• Every time I try logging into the app it says the password or username is incorrect. Even when I did it with Facebook it instantly logged me out and said “either username or password is incorrect”.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Listening to Spotify" doesn't show on discord when I use Android version of Spotify

Do I need to yell at discordapp or Spotify about this subject? Because the thing that says "listening to Spotify" doesn't show on discord when I listen to Spotify on my Android device.

• Casual Listener
  • Do I need to yell at discordapp or Spotify about this subject? Because the thing that says "listening to Spotify" doesn't show on discord when I listen to Spotify on my Android device.
  • Hajaky
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 9 likes

Error, Maximum amount of downloads reach.

I have just less than 2 GB left of storage on my Samasung Galaxy S8 and I get this error message. Is there a finite amount of songs that I can download ??? I thought I was free to download unroll my storage was full.Please advise me on what I can do ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just less than 2 GB left of storage on my Samasung Galaxy S8 and I get this error message. Is there a finite amount of songs that I can download ???  I thought I was free to download unr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Álbum desapareceu da noite pro dia

O álbum The Final Cut do Pink Floyd sumui, quer dizer, todas as músicas do álbum estão desaparecidas.O que eu devo fazer pra resolver esse problema?

• O álbum The Final Cut do Pink Floyd sumui, quer dizer, todas as músicas do álbum estão desaparecidas. O que eu devo fazer pra resolver esse problema?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cache delete

If i delete my cache-data or my details from my mobile. Are my playlist on my mac than also gone ?

• If i delete my cache-data or my details from my mobile. Are my playlist on my mac than also gone ?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't search inside playlist

So I'm using a galaxy s9+ and an OnePlus 3T and they both have this problem where when I want to search inside one of my playlists the song I searched for will show up but then the first song of the playlist gets played when I select the searched son...

• So I'm using a galaxy s9+ and an OnePlus 3T and they both have this problem where when I want to search inside one of my playlists the song I searched for will show up but then the first song of the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes