Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tips for arranging collection / using Spotify if hitting the Spotify library 10k song limit?

Tips for arranging collection / using Spotify if hitting the Spotify library 10k song limit?

I getting the (really annoying) "you library is full" message.

I like to add albums of the artists I like, I also follow most of them.

Are there any offical or community advice on how to use Spotify with a large collection?

6 Replies

Hey @McBainUK, welcome to the Community.

Good question!

Everything has a limit, so do the playlists and your Song folder library, which is up to 10 000 songs.

There is no way to cross that limit but here is a tip for you. Use a Desktop Spotify app to do this as it is easier. When you have installed it, in the right panel click on Songs folder and all your saved songs should be displayed after that. Hit Ctrl+A to select all, right click on one of them and move all those songs to a playlist that already exists on Your Library or to a new one, your choice. After you checked that all your saved songs are safe to a playlist now, right click again and tap on Remove from Library option to clear all the saved songs. Now you can have again a chance to fill it with 10 000 songs 😉

Hope I was able to help!

Thanks for the tip.

I guess if I moved the songs to a playlist it means they wont be accessable from the library artist/album browser?

You are welcome!

That's the only way I know you can fix it. If you find a better way please share it 🙂

Yes, they will appear in Your Library like your other playlist.

I was thinking, in addition to creating a huge "library" playlist, if I "Followed" the artists they would still appear in the Artist browser.

And, with the songs being in a playlist, I guess Spotify would still use them for it's recomendations features e.t.c.

You can submit your idea in Idea Submissions board where it can be brought to the attention of the right folks at Spotify and get a wider support. Or you can support it if it has already been submitted 🙂

I am really considering to change to Apple Music, because of these limits, there are limits on songs in playlist, library and songs offline.

Suggested posts