Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when I take pictures

Spotify crashes when I take pictures

Hi!

I'm using the Pixel 3 XL with Spotify Premium and bluetooth earphones (Jabra Elite). My problem: When I take pictures with my phone while listening to music the Spotify App crashes.

5 Replies

Hey @hotify,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Have you tried reinstalling the app? You can see here how.

Be sure to check your phone's settings as well to see if Spotify has access to your camera. Try toggling this setting to see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how it goes! Have a nice day.

Hi @Guido;

thanks for your answer. Spotify doesn't have the camera permission. I toggled it on and off a few times.

Very interesting is this: When I'm listing to music while toggling the camera permission for Spotify off the Spotify app crashes instantly. It doesn't crash when I toogle the camera permission on.

Of course I don't know yet if this solves the problem. For what purpose does Spotify want to get access to my camera?

This happens for me on my iPhone 7 too. I think spotify needs to access the camera because the Spotify codes.

Was this ever solved? I have this exact same problem on my Sony Xperia xz2 compact: Spotify crashes when I take a photo, and also when I set camera permission off for spotify.

Hi there @kapteeni

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, there's also a few other things we can try. Can you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts