Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify deleted all my offline playlists, vacation ruined!

Spotify deleted all my offline playlists, vacation ruined!

Spotify has been on a downward slide for a while now. I was going to cancel 4 accounts (family) after the unusable 1.0 update, but stuck with it after finding a workaround to 0.9. Tomorrow I have a 22 hour drive ahead of me, which wouldn't be too bad since I have just upgraded my component speakers and don't mind driving as long as I have music. But guess what? Spotify decided it wanted to delete 40gb of music from my phone without notifying me. Or actually it doesn't even delete it, it just disables everything, leaving you with a block of unusable files filling your sd card. I am currently at a cabin with very limited internet, so redownloading is not an option. 
Even with an internet connection, I had lots of songs from my desktop computer (1200km away) that I synced locally for this road trip. 
I don't have a cd player, nor radio, only aux in. Thanks a lot. 

Why is this company so masochistic? First they break the desktop version and now they continue to forcefully ruin your offline playlists without any notification. I am done with this company and will be seeking a refund. The whole point of offline playlists and paying for a premium sub is to have your music available, even without an internet connection. It is really bizarre how they treat their customers...

4 Replies

"Even with an internet connection, I had lots of songs from my desktop computer (1200km away) that I synced locally for this road trip."

Are you saying that you are playing local files through spotify?
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

I'm saying that some of the songs on my 2k+ song lists are local files synced.

Do you have offline mode turned on in the Spotify app?

If you don't reconnect to the Internet within 30 days to verify your subscription, then offline files will be disabled.

Also make sure you aren't using offline mode on more than 3 devices (you can use Spotify on as many devices as you want, but only one can be streaming at a time and only 3 can be used for offline mode.)

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The application updated itself, and I had to log in again. My sd card is still full of spotify files, but they are inaccessible in my playlists.

Suggested posts