Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local File

Local File

Hi, 

I use Spotify Premium, I aso have the App on my Android Phone but the Problem is that I can't hear my local files on my Phone. I synchronized them and I can see and hear them at my Spotify Desktop App but not on my Mobile App.  Do you have any Idea why is not working. That files I added ages ago can be palyed normally, but the new ones not. To be mor specific they are grey in the playlist. 

What can I do? 

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

I have also noticed this, but I don't think there is currently a way to fix this. I can play my local files with no problem from the desktop application, but I cannot play them through the spotify app on android. I usually just use the music player on my phone when I want to play my own music.
Favorite bands: Keane, Two Door Cinema Club, Muse, Needtobreathe

They're called local files because they're saved on your computer and Spotify is just being a fancy player for them. They're not really saved in your computer. If you want them in your phone, use iTunes or Google Play.

But I can play all my other ones, but not the new added. Other funny thing some new ones can be played they are not grey. I can't explain why

HI! Are you trying to stream files from your desktop to your phone? (mp3 type files on your computer NOT in spotify) If so, you won't be able to play them on your phone because there is no file for the phone to be playing.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

I made an extra playlist in spotify for the songs on my computer. As I said I can listen to all the other songs which are on my Computer and now I added new songs on my Computer and they were all also synchronized, I can see them on the phone but not listen to them.

I'm really sorry, (correct me if I'm wrong!) but what I think you are saying is that you have files in your computer in My Music that you incorporated into your playlists, and they work fine on your computer, but not on your phone.

If that is the case, the easiest thing to do would be to copy the music files from your computer and put them on your phone's external sd card. That will allow spotify to pull that music file whenever it is requested. The problem is that spotify isn't streaming music from your computer, it is streaming music from the spotify server.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Suggested posts