Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Black screen

I have premium and am using a Samsung 4S I have done all the updates, and when i clicked on app all i get is a black screen.

• I have premium and am using a Samsung 4S I have done all the updates, and when i clicked on app all i get is a black screen.  
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Played song / playlist changes randomly

Hi to all, there is currently a longer lasting problem while playing songs from Spotify playlists: While listening to songs on an existing playlist, the player after a couple of songs switches randomly to a complete different song not even in any of ...

• Hi to all,   there is currently a longer lasting problem while playing songs from Spotify playlists: While listening to songs on an existing playlist, the player after a couple of songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

lost all my playlists

I recently purchased a new droid and changed cell phone carrier. All of my music is not on my new phone. The same day I purchased my new droid,my laptop crashed So I cannot sync my new cell to my laptop. Spotify now says I am on free trial and not re...

• I recently purchased a new droid and changed cell phone carrier. All of my music is not on my new phone. The same day I purchased my new droid,my laptop crashed So I cannot sync my new cell to my lap...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Genre Radio Stations won't start: Spotify on Andriod

Hi all, Just signed up for a trial version of Spotify, and was liking it until yestrday. All of a sudden, I can't use the genre radio stations. All of them say "Sorry, this station canno't be started, please choose a different one". Artist stations w...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   Just signed up for a trial version of Spotify, and was liking it until yestrday. All of a sudden, I can't use the genre radio stations. All of them say "Sorry, this station canno't...
  • Ferrindel
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Got Spotify premium 7-day trial and I can't access the premium features

Thought I would try the 7-day trial since I am thinking on buying it. So I clicked on the trial button and Spotify said "Restarting" but it didn't so I did it manually and when I went back into the app none of the features were there.

• Thought I would try the 7-day trial since I am thinking on buying it. So I clicked on the trial button and Spotify said "Restarting" but it didn't so I did it manually and when I went back into the a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 4.1.1

Hi! I have a smartphone with Android 4.1.1. I want to download a Spotify player on it but I can only get the latest version on play store, which is not compatible with Android 4.1.1. What have I to do? Should I download an old version of Spotify? In ...

• Hi! I have a smartphone with Android 4.1.1. I  want to download a Spotify player on it but  I can only get the latest version on play store, which is not compatible with Android 4.1....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

offline songs randomly stop for 2-3 seconds

Just started using Premium. Have downloaded a few albums for offline useage. A lot of the time a song will randomly stop for 2-3 seconds then continue. Anything iI can do about this before I cancel sub? Thanks

• Visitor
  • Just started using Premium. Have downloaded a few albums for offline useage. A lot of the time a song will randomly stop for 2-3 seconds then continue. Anything iI can do about this before I cancel s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline lists to sd card

Is there a way to save offline lists to an SD Card? I have an Android player in my car, and the flashdisk isn't so big. Would like to use the SD Card to save the offline lists on.How can I do this ?

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to save offline lists to an SD Card? I have an Android player in my car, and the flashdisk isn't so big. Would like to use the SD Card to save the offline lists on. How can I do this ?
  • LeifGunnar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Skip Back A Track

Hey all, I swear I used to be able to have full control of my music from the notification shade of my phone. Now I can only pause and skip but sometimes i want to go back a song? When did they take this out? I dont see why they did either cause i can...

• Roadie
  • Hey all,   I swear I used to be able to have full control of my music from the notification shade of my phone. Now I can only pause and skip but sometimes i want to go back a song? When did ...
  • GavinHenderson6
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify keeps crashing on S4

As stated above, the app keeps crashing. I tried any solution (cancel data, cache, restoring the smartphone, reinstal the app, whatever) but it still crashes randomly. Actually I can't even open it at all, I only see a black screen and the system lau...

• As stated above, the app keeps crashing. I tried any solution (cancel data, cache, restoring the smartphone, reinstal the app, whatever) but it still crashes randomly. Actually I can't even open it...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

wont sync properly

i have a samsung galaxy s5 and have been a paying premium user for over a year now, i recently got a samsung galaxy s5 and when i try to sync playlists offline my starred syncs perfectly then my other playlist syncs and then unsyncs itself, i can the...

• Casual Listener
  • i have a samsung galaxy s5 and have been a paying premium user for over a year now, i recently got a samsung galaxy s5 and when i try to sync playlists offline my starred syncs perfectly then my othe...
  • Bowman99
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Stops

My music stops playing after a couple of minutes into the song and the time goes back to 0. I tried re-installing it onto my phone and when I do it crashes alot before I can even try to listen again. I've restarted my phone and logged in and out of m...

• My music stops playing after a couple of minutes into the song and the time goes back to 0. I tried re-installing it onto my phone and when I do it crashes alot before I can even try to listen again....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer keeps going out on me?

I'll be listening to music with my equalizer settings on, and all of the sudden the equalizer will go out and the music will suddenly become much louder due to my equalizer having a lot of bass and being a having th let tube amp setting on. Does anyb...

• Casual Listener
  • I'll be listening to music with my equalizer settings on, and all of the sudden the equalizer will go out and the music will suddenly become much louder due to my equalizer having a lot of bass and b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

phone to computer to phone?

I have music on my phone that I would like to add to my spotify mobile app. do I have to download all the music on my phone to my computer just so I can redownload onto my phone in the spotify app? Or is there a way I can make spotify play the music ...

• I have music on my phone that I would like to add to my spotify mobile app. do I have to download all the music on my phone to my computer just so I can redownload onto my phone in the spotify app? O...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search button closes spotify

Search button not working, close spotify

• Casual Listener
  • Search button not working, close spotify
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline music

Everytime I try and sync my samsung s3 spotify thinks it is a new devices. This means I spend hours downloading the music to listen offline yet I still dont have a single song to play.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I try and sync my samsung s3 spotify thinks it is a new devices. This means I spend hours downloading the music to listen offline yet I still dont have a single song to play.
  • PassiveGaming
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Your music new design?

Until now I saw "Your Music" like an all-in-one and I slided left or right when I needed to change from playlist to song, albums, etc... Today "Your music" has changed and I have to select one option (playlist, songs,...) and if I want to change betw...

• Casual Listener
  • Until now I saw "Your Music" like an all-in-one and I slided left or right when I needed to change from playlist to song, albums, etc... Today "Your music" has changed and I have to select one opti...
  • phxkrausehouse
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded songs are gone

I have a premium account(christmas 3month deal. I payed 99kr and got 3month for free). I downloaded folders and suddenly they became undownloaded again. What happened? Btw not having support phone call option on Spotify really puts a low rank on a bi...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account(christmas 3month deal. I payed 99kr and got 3month for free). I downloaded folders and suddenly they became undownloaded again. What happened? Btw not having support phone ca...
  • GavinHenderson6
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify skips songs on android app

I have an HTC one and i used to have an HTC evo. When i am listening to my playlists through this device it will start skipping songs all the way to the last song on the playlist regardless of the number of songs on the playlist. If i have the contin...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an HTC one and i used to have an HTC evo.  When i am listening to my playlists through this device it will start skipping songs all the way to the last song on the playlist regardless of ...
  • Sweeneykill
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes