Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify stoppt

seit 2-3 Wochen stoppt spotify beim abspielen nach jedem song

• Casual Listener
  • seit 2-3 Wochen stoppt spotify beim abspielen nach jedem song
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium DOES NOT WORK.

I just upgraded to premium and it still says I am free on the APP. On the online webpage it says I am a premium member and I received the Spotify premium member receipt in my email inbox.I signed in and out five times. I uninstalled the app three tim...

• I just upgraded to premium and it still says I am free on the APP. On the online webpage it says I am a premium member and I received the Spotify premium member receipt in my email inbox. I signed...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

multiple issue, please help

I was listening to a playlist when it just suddenly stopped. Spotify closed and when i reopened it, I was required to log in again. I did but all my saved playlist are gone and every time I click an playlists it didn't load. And if I try using the me...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to a playlist when it just suddenly stopped. Spotify closed and when i reopened it, I was required to log in again. I did but all my saved playlist are gone and every time I click an ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wakes Facebook app

Hello everybody, First sorry for my english! i started to use spotify premium a few days ago, before that i was using it on desktop with free version my problem is these 2 apps spotify and facebook associated with each other, this is where my problem...

• Hello everybody,   First sorry for my english!   i started to use spotify premium a few days ago, before that i was using it on desktop with free version   my problem is th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify free not working on android

I am new to Spotify, and I'd like to give it a go for free for a bit with add, before deciding if streaming is for me and maybe going premium.But I get no shuffle playlist button, all I get is the upgrade to premium popup, all I want is to listen wit...

• Regular
  • I am new to Spotify, and I'd like to give it a go for free for a bit with add, before deciding if streaming is for me and maybe going premium. But I get no shuffle playlist button, all I get is th...
  • madjandle
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working anymore on Nexus 10/Android

Spotify is not playing music anymore through my Nexus10(Android) device. I tried to play it on the Nexus10 itself as well as on my hifi system through a Bluesound streamer. The devices are shown at "show available devices", but nothing happens when I...

• Spotify is not playing music anymore through my Nexus10(Android) device. I tried to play it on the Nexus10 itself as well as on my hifi system through a Bluesound streamer. The devices are shown at "...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsnung Shape speakers (WAM 751) and Hub (WAM 250) can't play spotify only plays on the phone

hi, I have 2 Samsung WAM751 M7 speakers and a hut WAm250. I am able to play tuneIn radio, amazon music, music from my phone via the speakers, however, Spotify plays only on the phone, not thru speakers. Talked to sAmsung, and they tell me it is Spoti...

• hi, I have 2 Samsung WAM751 M7 speakers and a hut WAm250.  I am able to play tuneIn radio, amazon music,  music from my phone via the speakers, however, Spotify plays only on the phone, not...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping to next song causes volume to go to 100%

Hi guys. I completed one month free trial and this is the only deal-breaker to cause me to not go premium. And it's a big problem that makes it unusable. The problem is: when using the Android app, skipping a song caused the volume to go 100% every t...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys. I completed one month free trial and this is the only deal-breaker to cause me to not go premium. And it's a big problem that makes it unusable.   The problem is: when using the And...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs pause after being played

Greetings everyone. I have a problem with my playlists and songs in these lists. On the 2/11 my phone updated Spotify without problem. But right after the update, there has been an issue I couldn't fix it. Randomly pauses the songs after they have be...

• Regular
  • Greetings everyone.   I have a problem with my playlists and songs in these lists. On the 2/11 my phone updated Spotify without problem. But right after the update, there has been an issue I...
  • Lazalit
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android 4.4.4
    Crossfade
    Issues
    pauses
    songs
    Spotify
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify cache takes up to 17.6 GB on SD card - even after deleting it in the application itself...

Hi, I am wondering how I can delete the Spotify cache memory, which takes up 17.6 GB on my SD card on my Android phone. Using the 'delete cache' button in Settings in the Spofity app obviously does not work. My attempt to manually delete this folder ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am wondering how I can delete the Spotify cache memory, which takes up 17.6 GB on my SD card on my Android phone.   Using the 'delete cache' button in Settings in the Spofity app obvio...
  • boowy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

(Ayuda) Spotfy no me cambia de cancion

Bueno el problema es que en mi propia Playlist no me cambia de cancion solo osea termina la cancion y no cambia a la siguiente en el celular(Moto G2) y en la compu si AYUDA PORFA!

• Casual Listener
  • Bueno el problema es que en mi propia Playlist no me cambia de cancion solo osea termina la cancion y no cambia a la siguiente en el celular(Moto G2) y en la compu si AYUDA PORFA!
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lockscreen background (album cover) keeps after closing Spotify app

Hi I'm experiencing this "bug" since I updated my Nexus 5 to Lollipop: I'm in offline mode and after stopping music, background in lockscreen doesn't revert to system defined. I tried with "x" button in lockscreen, stop button on Spotify app, closing...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I'm experiencing this "bug" since I updated my Nexus 5 to Lollipop: I'm in offline mode and after stopping music, background in lockscreen doesn't revert to system defined. I tried with...
  • abaymajr
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Zwischenspeichern

Guten Abend, Ich habe eine Frage bezüglich des Zwischenspeichern. Ich habe meine Spotify Listen runter geladen (android handy). Jetzt existiert der Spotify Ordner auf meinem Handy. Wenn ich diesen beispielsweise auf einen USB stick ziehe und mein Han...

• Guten Abend, Ich habe eine Frage bezüglich des Zwischenspeichern. Ich habe meine Spotify Listen runter geladen (android handy). Jetzt existiert der Spotify Ordner auf meinem Handy. Wenn ich diese...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem adding songs to playlist/current queue via Spotify Connect

Hi everyone, Just a question about adding songs to playlists and the current queue via Spotify Connect. I have an Android tablet and smartphone, and was playing one of my playlists, but wanted to search for another band to add to the list, and play a...

• Hi everyone,   Just a question about adding songs to playlists and the current queue via Spotify Connect. I have an Android tablet and smartphone, and was playing one of my playlists, but wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

want Sync "Starred" on new phone, when finished goes back to 0%

Hey Guys. I have a new phone and i installed spotifiy. so now i want to download my Starred songs to hear it offline (about 800) - it starts downloading, but when its finished downloading = it is like it has never started. no songs are available offl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Guys. I have a new phone and i installed spotifiy. so now i want to download my Starred songs to hear it offline (about 800) - it starts downloading, but when its finished downloading = it is l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Access
    offline mode
    Playlist download problem
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuttering playback

I have a new OnePlus One and I just got premium spotify and it stutters through out the song even at normal quality. Even over LTE!! This problem needs to be fixed immediately. I need help or I'm canceling. This is ridiculousness!

• I have a new OnePlus One and I just got premium spotify and it stutters through out the song even at normal quality. Even over LTE!! This problem needs to be fixed immediately. I need help or I'm can...
  • oscarpetrelli
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify trying to post to Facebook every 5 seconds

Since a week or so Spotify is trying to post to facebook all the time. Happens every 5 sec. I login via spotify user account, not via facebook. Spotify also forces the option to post to facebook on. I cannot disable it. This makes the software totall...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a week or so Spotify is trying to post to facebook all the time. Happens every 5 sec. I login via spotify user account, not via facebook. Spotify also forces the option to post to facebook on. ...
  • Picofiino
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

why is the equalizer in a deep menue

why is the equalizer in android in the menue and not directly over the player controlled?

• why is the equalizer in android in the menue and not directly over the player controlled?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Top result ((+)) sign doesn't allow to create new radio

Sorry to post a bug in the ideas, I looked for 10' how to post a bug and couldn't find it, this is ridiculous. Here is how to reproduce the bug in the Android app: - Click Radios - Click ((+)) to create a new radio - Search for a song, for example St...

• Roadie
  • Sorry to post a bug in the ideas, I looked for 10' how to post a bug and couldn't find it, this is ridiculous.   Here is how to reproduce the bug in the Android app:   - Click ...
  • Dude1
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • plus sign
    Radio
    top result
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Misleading translation - pt-BR - under Settings

GuysThe option to turn on/off the download over mobile network is really not clear in portuguese.. It says "sincronizar pelo celular" (sync for cellphone/smartphone). It doesn't mean what it should, it should be something like "sincronizar pela rede ...

• Guys The option to turn on/off the download over mobile network is really not clear in portuguese.. It says "sincronizar pelo celular" (sync for cellphone/smartphone). It doesn't mean what it shou...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    settings
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes